IPB 3.2 - Early Beta Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenforo is a forum software and users will compare it to the latest versions of other forum software. Why would they compare it to IPB 1.0? They are not going to use 1.0.0 if they buy it. They are going to use 3.2. I'm not talking about xenforo fans here. I'm talking about real potential customers and they don't care wheter IPB 1.0 was worse then xenforo 1.0 or whatever. Why should they? It is totally irrelevant.

It's not irrelevant. XenForo is brand new, and IPB 3.2 is not.

Xenforo is a forum software and users will compare it to the latest versions of other forum software. Why would they compare it to IPB 1.0? They are not going to use 1.0.0 if they buy it. They are going to use 3.2. I'm not talking about xenforo fans here. I'm talking about real potential customers and they don't care wheter IPB 1.0 was worse then xenforo 1.0 or whatever. Why should they? It is totally irrelevant.

You're missing the point Kim and Peggy were making.

I don't think anyone is disputing that. Unless I'm obviously missing something here?

You are saying xenforo should be compared to IPB 1.0 but it is perfectly normal for people to compare xenforo 1.0 to IPB 3.2 as they are the latest offerings in forum software. Yes xenforo is new, they are a small team etc etc. But potential customers just care about what they are going to get.

Only reason people are comparing xenForo to other forum packages is because...

1) KAM team was previously vBulletin team.
2) KAM team does have years of experience.
3) Customers are looking at what is currently on the market.
4) Version numbers mean nothing when comparing features.
5) Wait and see method is not a need for those who want it now.

I temporarily closed the thread to give me some time to tidy it up.

I have deleted quite a few posts which were essentially arguing, rather than discussing the subject of the thread which is IPB 3.2.

Can we please try to get back on topic?

You are saying xenforo should be compared to IPB 1.0 but it is perfectly normal for people to compare xenforo 1.0 to IPB 3.2 as they are the latest offerings in forum software. Yes xenforo is new, they are a small team etc etc. But potential customers just care about what they are going to get.

I guess that I make my comparisons - when I make them - differntly from other people. *shrug*

Back on topic.

I like the direction IPB 3.2 is heading, XenForo will still exist on my pubic facing sites though.

I'm sooo getting ready to buy this. I just hate sinking so much money into something I don't know will go that well. Creating new communities is so hard sometimes :(

Brogan nasılsın iyi misin? :LOL:

BTW, don't get me wrong, I'm a proud owner of xenforo. I just think comparing ipb 1.0 to xenforo is not right. Past is past.

I too like the direction IPB 3.2 is heading. But xenforo for me is still my preferred choice. ;)
cat.webp

I guess that I make my comparisons - when I make them - differntly from other people. *shrug*
Except, there is technology available now that wasn't back then. Plus the fact that design has DRASTICALLY changed since then. There is no logical reason to compare the softwares like that. Not to mention the evolution of forums and the features people want in it. Absolutely illogical to compare each 1.0 products. Products should be compared in the now. They are both able to utilize the same technology right now and should be compared right now.

That would be like comparing an iPod to a Walkman. :ROFLMAO:

Except, there is technology available now that wasn't back then. Plus the fact that design has DRASTICALLY changed since then. There is no logical reason to compare the softwares like that. Not to mention the evolution of forums and the features people want in it. Absolutely illogical to compare each 1.0 products. Products should be compared in the now. They are both able to utilize the same technology right now and should be compared right now.

That would be like comparing an iPod to a Walkman. :ROFLMAO:

Agree. But I understand their point too. They think that comparing the first versions of the software gives us a clue about the future. It is partially right. BUT, times have changed, IPB got bigger, has more stuff etc, so one MAY believe that in the current circumstances, IPB will do better in the future. They may be right, or wrong. Time will show. I think it will be wiser to compare what is being done TODAY, rather than what was done in the past. I personally have full trust in xenforo and I am going to be patient.

ummm I never said that we should compare version xxx to version xxx of anything. Read my posts.
What I did say is -
Why is XenForo being compared to IPB - or vB - or any other software for that matter? That's like comparing a toddler to an adult.
XenForo is XenForo. It is sleek, innovative and young. It has not been around for years like these other software.
When it has had time to mature and grow, it's going to knock the competition out of the water.
But it is still young and, IMO, any comparison is completely unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom