IPad Forum

What do you think of the site?

• Total voters

Dav

Hi,

I have created a iPad fan site. Is the site welcoming enough? Does anything put you off. Is anything missing which you would find a must? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the default xenforo style currently but will be setting up other options soon :)

Thanks and feel free to join if your a iPad fan

iPad Forum

How about a forum called: "Should I buy an iPad ?"
It could bring a whole new group of people to the site.
I think you need content !
How about using XenPorta as a home page and have some articles ...

+1 to getting rid of the ads

Also the node titles are just overwhelming with "iPad" in every title and description. A visitor can clearly see that the forum is iPad related no need to add it to each title. Like "Accessories for iPad" could just be "Accessories".

Good luck. ;)

It could bring a whole new group of people to the site.
I think you need content !
How about using XenPorta as a home page and have some articles ...

Does every site need a homepage/articles? The domain name speaks for itself saying its a "forum"...

To the OP try not to get caught up in constantly trying to add addons and such to the site to make it more appealing, work on the content instead.

you need to start with less forums
  • no ads for now :)
  • active page: maybe a portal
  • why should i sign up in your site ?? explain why (members advantage : maybe no ads;))
  • change the style and try to make it look good for ipad users
i should not vote now :unsure:

i voted very poor as its just the default theme with some graphics changed. i would like to see a clean apple style with different form icons and and and. with xenforo you can really create a nice community but now its just another ipad forum.

Thanks, Iv taken all your feedback into account so i decided to ditch the sidebar ad and make the top and bottom breadcrumb ads smaller.

This a great idea (y)

Also the node titles are just overwhelming with "iPad" in every title and description. A visitor can clearly see that the forum is iPad related no need to add it to each title. Like "Accessories for iPad" could just be "Accessories".

My thinking on this was that it was better for SEO purposes as i researched the most popular keywords through google's tools.

• why should i sign up in your site ?? explain why (members advantage : maybe no ads;))

Iv added a notice on the homepage now which explains the benefits of the forum and what we are about.

This was a fair point (y)

...you definitely need to make the forum look more unique..even "Apple-like".

Iv added some ipad related background images but these could change if i receive more feedback. Iv just had a play around with the style properties and trying to work it all out :D

This is all great feedback so im going to try to work out how to add a News tab asap :)

I found it really easy to get carried away with the excitement of making a forum and im pleased iv been able to stand back and listen to the feedback so ill keep plugging away and adjusting the forum until it feels right

Thanks for the votes and feedback :)

My thinking on this was that it was better for SEO purposes as i researched the most popular keywords through google's tools.

Use your content to gain keyword strength, and I'm not absolutely sure but I think using the "URL portion" field in the ACP for each forum can help SEO. Using that option can lead to broken links if you change it, so make sure you use good keywords there.

An alternative to this is to have NEWS as threads.
Ask how fixitwizkid.com does it.
They seem to have ALOT of NEWS. Must be relatively easy to do.

Re: Should I buy an iPad.
Even though it might seem like everyone has an iPad ...
  • Only 30 million iPads have been sold.
  • That leaves 6.745 Billion people at the "Should I buy an iPad ?" stage :)
Certainly a good way to convert an ipad researcher to a permanent forum member is to help them with their purchase decision. I'd point out the positives of the other options as well.

Iv taken all your feedback on board and iv made some major changes to the forum. I was a little naive at first so hopefully this is better Iv now got a new Set of styles to choose from and im using a Portal on my home page

Please leave feedback on the new look

Top Bottom