XF 1.4 IP Addresses / Hostnames?

WSWD

Hello,

Curious where in the database user IPs/hostnames are stored. Apparently the Shared IP tool is only good for 2 weeks or something, and even that really isn't working for me so well. I need to be able to compare them longer than that.

And how exactly is it being stored? I've searched the database up and down for IPs and hostnames, and there are absolutely no results showing up.

It's less of a matter of where, but as what. IP log should be under xf_ip but they aren't stored as readable IP addresses. There is a post somewhere but I am pretty sure anyone who has ever written related plugin can explain it as well. I believe the date to which IP's are kept is adjustable but the shared tool is probably hardcoded.

Never seen or looked for the hostnames. Perhaps its a live lookup? I know at least with the plugins I have installed the hostnames are recorded on registration and in the spam trigger log, but as far as if any of that is stock... eeek lol.

The shared IP link on the front end only goes back a couple of weeks.

You're better off using the [IP Addresses] tab on the user page in the ACP.

The IP lookup services are configured in Options -> External Service Providers

Thanks guys!!

You're better off using the [IP Addresses] tab on the user page in the ACP.

That should work. Sometimes they create accounts and don't post content, which I believe that tool only covers posts and not Registration IP, but that's okay. At least I can get them when they post. :)

Thanks again.

Top Bottom