iOS supports File Uploading, nice with Xenforo

agison

Hi!

Just know it today on my forum.
iOS 6 Beta (on both iPhone & iPad) supports File Uploading. We can take photo, video or even choose existing files to upload to our XF forums.

photo.webp

Cheer!

That's awesome good news for me ! Lot of folks on my board are iPhone users they been bugging me asking how to upload pictures :D

That's awesome good news for me ! Lot of folks on my board are iPhone users they been bugging me asking how to upload pictures :D

And we need a Gallery which support HTML5 uploading. We can upload multiple files at a time without Flash.

And great, I can't use it because I have an iPad 1 and iPod Touch 3G :P

Let's spend another 1000€ on Apple products!

I have an Apple Developer account, but you need to be a member of the Developer Program at $99 a year to get access to the beta.

Good news, I bought an Apple developer account just to upload images via a native app, as opposed to using the browser; glad to know that I'll be saving $99/year now.

Hmm, well, not necessarily appropriate to link to that.

Downloading the iOS 6 files isn't an issue. Being able to install it is, as you need to be a registered developer program member to install it.

Good news, I bought an Apple developer account just to upload images via a native app, as opposed to using the browser; glad to know that I'll be saving $99/year now.
This is non-sense. You only need to be a registered iOS developer to access the new version now because it's still in beta and apps crash all the time. The new version will be released as a free update to existing customer when it's ready (given that you have a compatible device).

Anyway, I can confirm that this works flawlessly on my iPad. Attaching multiple files worked as expected. Not just in threads but also in add-ons that use the attachment uploader correctly. This should be a great reason to have a mobile style (instead of having an app). I can't wait for that!

We have always been able to upload photos from an Android. Are you saying Apple iPhone users haven't been able to do so in current versions? I only have an iMac at the moment so I can't test this out.

8thos - Apple iPhone/iPod (or iPad) users have never been able to use website upload features at all. Ever. On any website.

Looks like iOS 6 changes that :D

8thos - Apple iPhone/iPod (or iPad) users have never been able to use website upload features at all. Ever. On any website.

Looks like iOS 6 changes that :D
Wow that's lame as hell. I tried it on my Android phone and it worked. Then wondered why Russ blocked file uploading on the mobile theme?' then added it back on my mobile theme.

I just told an iPhone user to try uploading pics from her phone lol Can they do it if their phone is rooted?

Wow that's lame as hell. I tried it on my Android phone and it worked. Then wondered why Russ blocked file uploading on the mobile theme?' then added it back on my mobile theme.
How do you enable upload button on Russ mobile? Which template do you revert/change?

Top Bottom