1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS Development

Discussion in 'General PHP and MySQL Discussions' started by Mythotical, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Mythotical

Mythotical Well-Known Member

Anyone have any experience developing iOS apps? I'm trying to create my own personal forum app to use with XenForo and vBulletin. I managed to get a basic app but it is so basic Apple laughed at it.

What I'm not understanding is that with iOS 5 there was AFNetworking which is now null and void, iOS 6 has suggested using various versions of AFNetworking but all are dead and not being updated so I need a networking system that I can use in conjunction with my site and database. Any suggestions would be great.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Mythotical

Been there, it is outdated, the updated Xcode errors out with quite a bit of that AFNetworking.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

How do you consider a project that has commits by the author within the last 3 days to be dead and obsolete? I can't see any issues open about AFNetwork failing on a specific iOS version, since that's what I'm assuming you are referring to?

5. Mythotical

Its failing within Xcode, the commits that have been given do not fix the issues that I have come across. I will attempt a newer version since there has been new commits hoping that the issues have been fixed.