Browser issue iOS chrome update yesterday broke so many aspects of xenforo

king8084

i hope the xenforo staff can commuincate with google to fix this issue...as of 8 hours ago, clicking notifications dont take you to the post anymore..as well as many other things (like latest post)..it seems they broke something that xenforo uses to identify where it should go

pls contact google and fix this :(

I've noticed a few quirky things, but I've been using XF on the new Chrome for a week or two without any major issues.

The best person to report the issues to is Google themselves via their support routes.

In the meantime, I recommend using Safari.

I've noticed a few quirky things, but I've been using XF on the new Chrome for a week or two without any major issues.

The best person to report the issues to is Google themselves via their support routes.

In the meantime, I recommend using Safari.
thank you Chris for responding

i have already reported it but since im not tech savy i cant exactly pin point the issue...the amount of people who use chrome on ios is massive..at least in my forum and MANY people complained already, cant xf staff help in this regard? this is the chrome update btw
"This version uses WKWebView, the latest rendering engine from Apple, which should be faster and more stable. The crash rate was reduced by 70% and JavaScript execution is now dramatically faster!"

and it also happens on xenforo.com

I would certainly be happy to help if there was anything we could do, but we can't. It's not an issue that is exclusive to XF.

For example, if you try the following link in Chrome on iOS, it also won't work:
https://xenresources.com/anchor.html#jump

This is a basic HTML page which should jump to the text "We should jump to here".

If Google breaks one of the oldest and most fundamental features of HTML there's not much we can do unfortunately.

I've sent a couple of reports to Google via the app so consider it reported.

I would certainly be happy to help if there was anything we could do, but we can't. It's not an issue that is exclusive to XF.

For example, if you try the following link in Chrome on iOS, it also won't work:
https://xenresources.com/anchor.html#jump

This is a basic HTML page which should jump to the text "We should jump to here".

If Google breaks one of the oldest and most fundamental features of HTML there's not much we can do unfortunately.

I've sent a couple of reports to Google via the app so consider it reported.
thank you chris for your kind help

hopefulyl they fix this

Top Bottom