iOS/Apple app??? Would they even accept it?

0xym0r0n

So I've been doing some research as I am in process of making an app that retrieves the mobile version of my forum.

As I read on in some other forums I see that apple has a habit of rejecting simple apps that retrieve websites... they really only want native developed apps (understandable).

Does anyone have experience with this? If I were to just use UIwebview and submit an app that has a few buttons would apple reject it?

If so I'm pretty sure I just wasted $100 on a license -.-

I know tapatalk can submit forums but $30/m is pricey imo if i can get the same damn thing *just change up my theme a bit*

They would probably reject it if that's all it is. What would be the point of it anyway? The user can already put a bookmark to your webpage as an icon in their applications on their home page if they want.

Would you be giving any benefit what-so-ever beyond them using a normal web browser? Like are you going to be sending them push notifications of stuff or anything?

In fact, isn't there less benefit?

Aren't a lot of the acceleration features that are available in Safari disabled in the WebView UI?

I've read there are work arounds for the performance issues.

I know about the web clip, but I'd really like to use the notifications and alerts (which is why i even bothered with a ios license). On further reading (because I read some articles/forums to help me out) they won't even bother if it does include that.

Kinda irks me since tapatalk can release an unmetered amount of forums. I've used it and I feel i can replicate that, but would it be acceptable to apple?

I guess this is going to be trial and error and an annoying journey into getting a forum app acceptable enough for Apple. I have to make a more native app experience with what I have somehow.

Plan B?
Create an actual app for something related and include the forums in a separate tab lol.

Top Bottom