Invitation / Referral System [Deleted]

This is what it does... Kind of wish it would allow to put in the inviter's REAL name...

It wouldn't allow me to use my own email which is good because it said it was already in use... but I typed in MY NAME where it said "username for the email" and that is the name of the person you are SENDING it to. That part is a bit confusing and the verbiage should be changed.

Screen Shot 2013-07-14 at 6.50.16 PM.webp

Was trying to understand via the screenshots, but if someone uses Referrer and just copy/pastes the referral link (which I assume is unique to each user?) versus Send Invite... I notice clicking the link takes the person just to the main home page of the forum, versus the sign up page like in send invite. If someone then signs up by using the referrer link, does the person that sent it out still get the credit for inviting someone?

Was trying to understand via the screenshots, but if someone uses Referrer and just copy/pastes the referral link (which I assume is unique to each user?) versus Send Invite... I notice clicking the link takes the person just to the main home page of the forum, versus the sign up page like in send invite. If someone then signs up by using the referrer link, does the person that sent it out still get the credit for inviting someone?
Yes, via cookies or session I think.

I hope so, because I am about to run an invite/referral contest, so I wanna make sure that those people that use the refer link versus the send invite still get the proper credit to them if the person then registers right after going to the link.

Would it be possible to add a way to award Trophies for people successfully signing up after receiving an invitation?

This looks really cool. Can it tie in with the trophy system so when users perform certain tasks, they gain more invitations?

I am not sure what to do, I have heard this isn't being worked on any longer?? Is this by Ragtek or Sheldon? I am confused about this.

I have RC2 now and I just LOVED this system... I no longer am able to show a tab for it in nav bar... I was told something along the lines of the phrases being different in RC2. It's still installed, but won't show the tab. Will this be updated??

I am not sure what to do, I have heard this isn't being worked on any longer?? Is this by Ragtek or Sheldon? I am confused about this.

I have RC2 now and I just LOVED this system... I no longer am able to show a tab for it in nav bar... I was told something along the lines of the phrases being different in RC2. It's still installed, but won't show the tab. Will this be updated??
The author of this addon is Ragtek and is no longer here.
So this will not be updated.

Is it possible to add a "Referred by:" section to the sign up page if they didn't follow a link or get an e-mail in case they didn't go to the full URL with the ?ref=?

Also, where can I see which users have referred others?

Last edited:
Top Bottom