Invision Community Introducing Community Hive

it then mentions I would have to use the main email address for my forum. WTAF? So now I have to create another account, using an email address we do not give out publicly?
I know in one of their threads for XF over on their support I made mention of this, and that it was either a bug or poorly planned as many XF admins did NOT use USER #1 as their admin account, they created a separate one and locked that first user down solid.
From what I understand, that is something they are looking at fixing... further they are looking at engaging a developer that is familiar with XF since it's so far outside of the IPS wheelhouse that they appear to be having issues coding for it (the user #1 being a classic case, and then their link in the ACP giving an error when you click on it instead of taking you to the options page for the add-on).

but to rank free communities below paying ones
Honestly.. they should all rank equally... but I CAN see having a Featured stream for those paying members to Showcase their sites...

I know in one of their threads for XF over on their support I made mention of this, and that it was either a bug or poorly planned as many XF admins did NOT use USER #1 as their admin account, they created a separate one and locked that first user down solid.
To be fair, also, it's a new(er) project so there are bound to be growing pains. I just wish it had been set up a little easier from the start. With the main site (not the forum) lacking any instructions and the installed addon not having any either, I found it frustrating. Having poked around after the fact, I can't see this as a fit with any of the forums I manage but if this somehow catches on in the future, I will probably revisit.

Honestly.. they should all rank equally... but I CAN see having a Featured stream for those paying members to Showcase their sites...
I could live with that--maybe a "featured" section like the sponsored listings on Google. But I would prefer the full feed have rankings based on anything else besides having to pay for a relative position in the feed. Otherwise, it makes those towards the bottom of the feed feel like bottom feeders, both to potential visitors and the site owners.

Top Bottom