Introduction

Love2Chat

While I don’t have an Xenforo license yet, I’m keen to meet as many webmasters as possible. I’m a software developer in my day to day job. I find many webmasters are also software developers too.

Trying to connect with like minded ppl. Already made a few online friends who are nerds. Anyone into programming - please feel free to PM me for a chat :)

Anyways as for this thread, what motivated you to start your own forum? Any other software devs around? What’s your fav programming language and framework? What are your pet peeves?

Hi there! I'm certainly not a professional software developer, but I do write my own add-ons. I got into forums back when I was looking for a place to trade sports cards in 2008. I was a moderator at one, then started my own on vB. Started writing my own mods. From there I slowly moved to XF, where I'm currently at, and still only use my own add-ons. The only exceptions to that are the 1st party add-ons by XF and the Cloudflare add-on by digitalpoint.

As for my favorite language and framework...that's easy...PHP and XenForo. However, I don't have much to compare to.

Welcome to XF. What kind of forum are you thinking of starting, or do you already run one on another software and considering switching?

Trying to connect with like minded ppl. Already made a few online friends who are nerds. Anyone into programming - please feel free to PM me for a chat
You'd probably have better luck over at an admin site.
Two decent (the first is fairly active, the second not so much) ones that I am aware of

This site is more specific to XF and it's support. General web admin chit-chat can be frowned upon under some circumstances.

Top Bottom