XF 2.0 Introduction question

Claudiu

Hello everyone, i need some help in creating a specific rule so that new users cannot post on forum until they make a brief introduction and presentation of themselves in a specific forum, can you please be kind an teach me how i can do it ?
Thank you

All new users by default have registered as their primary and only usergroup.

You need to set all node permissions so registered usergroup don't have permissions to post. EXCEPT in that one intro forum where registered group can post

You have a user promotion that adds users to secondary group with the criteria of needing one post (which obviously can only be in the intro forum and once they posted there are promoted to have that secondary group)

And you set all the nodes permissions (apart from intro forum) for that secondary usergroup to being able to post in them.

While you are at it, it's advisable that the registered group posts need moderation.

In addition, I would also recommend setting up introduction messages to new members explaining that they have to create an introduction thread in that certain section.

admin.php?options/groups/usersAndRegistration/

Look for new user welcome section.

In addition, I would also recommend setting up introduction messages to new members explaining that they have to create an introduction thread in that certain section.

admin.php?options/groups/usersAndRegistration/

Look for new user welcome section.
I agree in this case especially if people may not realise that’s the only way they can get to post.

alternatively or additionally a notice showing just for new registrations. This can be made to show everywhere or just on the template when they attempt to post a thread elsewhere

Top Bottom