Interview With Jon W (AKA Waindigo) - The Sequel

The Sandman

We've posted our follow up Interview with Jonathan Wainwright (AKA Waindigo). :)
I think a lot of people find it hard to understand or even keep up with your business model. Can you tell us the status of Waindigo Enterprises, Waindigo Industries, and the Waindigo Foundation?

Yes, sorry about that. The two companies are now being dissolved. Waindigo Enterprises went bust, Waindigo Industries is Dom’s company that is no longer needed as he is no longer part of Waindigo. Waindigo Foundation was officially dissolved on 20th January 2015.

I am now trading on my own under a new company, Waindigo Ltd. I know it all sounds complicated, but the whole purpose of this latest change is to really simplify things for the future. From now on there will be just me owning 100% of one company that does everything.

@Jon W I must say I am impressed with your integrity in regards to the disclaimer you have posted on various problematic addons. I do feel that the friends and trophies addons deserve the same disclaimer.
unmaintained.webp

@Jon W I must say I am impressed with your integrity in regards to the disclaimer you have posted on various problematic addons. I do feel that the friends and trophies addons deserve the same disclaimer.
View attachment 98827
The Friends add-on had that disclaimer until I updated it earlier today. As far as I know, there are no reported bugs with that add-on, but I'm happy to be corrected. I'll check the Trophies add-on now.

With some addons it seems that it doesn't matter how many bug fixes it gets, it's beyond repair. The reported bugs are a manifestation of the code quality. Only a rewrite would help. Unfortunately the friends addon seems to be one of those.
There are no reported bugs in this add-on or any known issues with larger boards. If you know of any issues, perhaps you could report them?

I know you released another bug fix yesterday. After 3 years of bug fixes and no improvement I came to the conclusion that it was pointless, hopeless and that I needed to remove your addon. Theoretically it is possible that the latest bug fix resolves all issues, but it seems a waste of time after so many unsuccessfully tries.

Top Bottom