1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview With Jon W (AKA Waindigo) - The Sequel

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by The Sandman, Jan 31, 2015.

1. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

We've posted our follow up Interview with Jonathan Wainwright (AKA Waindigo). :)

rafass, RvG, GRJoker and 5 others like this.
  2. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I'm Jon W, and I approve this message.

Thanks @The Sandman. Always a pleasure!

rafass, GRJoker, The Sandman and 4 others like this.
  3. Anton_Bodryachkom

Anton_Bodryachkom Active Member

4. rafass

rafass Well-Known Member

Waindigo, the boss.
    Nice interview!

Jon W likes this.
  5. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

I would fix the paragraph that talks about your time management. It doesn't make sense to have 3/2 time.

And I would fix the banners on your website since they kill your responsive design :)

SneakyDave likes this.
  6. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

It's a joke.

7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

@Jon W I must say I am impressed with your integrity in regards to the disclaimer you have posted on various problematic addons. I do feel that the friends and trophies addons deserve the same disclaimer.
    unmaintained.png

otto likes this.
  8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

The Friends add-on had that disclaimer until I updated it earlier today. As far as I know, there are no reported bugs with that add-on, but I'm happy to be corrected. I'll check the Trophies add-on now.

9. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

With some addons it seems that it doesn't matter how many bug fixes it gets, it's beyond repair. The reported bugs are a manifestation of the code quality. Only a rewrite would help. Unfortunately the friends addon seems to be one of those.

otto, imthebest, HWS and 1 other person like this.
  11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

There are no reported bugs in this add-on or any known issues with larger boards. If you know of any issues, perhaps you could report them?

12. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I know you released another bug fix yesterday. After 3 years of bug fixes and no improvement I came to the conclusion that it was pointless, hopeless and that I needed to remove your addon. Theoretically it is possible that the latest bug fix resolves all issues, but it seems a waste of time after so many unsuccessfully tries.

otto and imthebest like this.