Interview with Jerry

Great Interview :D

love this quote...

"When I was a chef, the head chefs I worked for were great themselves and lead the way - “management” dealt with the paper work and stayed out of the kitchen. They didn't come into the kitchen explaining how soup tastes better “in the cloud” as they just read about it on a blog some where and thought that by talking non stop about “the cloud” they would be taken seriously. Or that all steaks would now be ready in 4 mins as that was the “agile way”."

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Jerry, I enjoyed reading it.

massage.. cooking.. coding.. Quite the Renaissance man aren't you :D

Your welcome :)

And I've heard that term before ;), though I just enjoy exploring and learning, opposed to any end result (like getting high marks or a qualification just for the sake of a piece of paper) so I tend to go through a lot of topics yes. Ironically as soon as I didn't care about the marks and focused on enjoying and exploring, they went up dramatically.

Your welcome :)

And I've heard that term before ;), though I just enjoy exploring and learning, opposed to any end result (like getting high marks or a qualification just for the sake of a piece of paper) so I tend to go through a lot of topics yes. Ironically as soon as I didn't care about the marks and focused on enjoying and exploring, they went up dramatically.

Life is a journey that is for sure, and you'd better enjoy it along the way... coz who knows what the destination is like :)

I am rapidly developing a similar philosophy in my own life.

Great Interview :D

love this quote...

"When I was a chef, the head chefs I worked for were great themselves and lead the way - “management” dealt with the paper work and stayed out of the kitchen. They didn't come into the kitchen explaining how soup tastes better “in the cloud” as they just read about it on a blog some where and thought that by talking non stop about “the cloud” they would be taken seriously. Or that all steaks would now be ready in 4 mins as that was the “agile way”."

I've gone through it several times now, and each time I get more out of it.

You left out an important one - sommelier.

See what I mean? ;)

I've gone through it several times now, and each time I get a more out of it.

You left out an important one - sommelier.

See what I mean? ;)

How could I miss that one!!!!
wine.gif

That was definitely a treat to read. Thank you for the interview, The Sandman. :)

And a special thank you to the ImpEx guru Jeremy as well. It was nice to read about a person who believes in being the best at WHATEVER he does. :)

Howard, thanks for the link.

Jeremy, that was a wonderful interview. It is nice to get to know the person behind the code who helped so many of us.
I think what I liked best of all was this:
I'd like to think I try to learn from things that appear to go “wrong”, without being too philosophical about it. Not doing that is likely the biggest failure, and of that I've been guilty several times. I think it's likely an experience thing, as I've learnt to be more objective I've gotten less annoyed at missed expectations and more interested in “why”.

Yea it's not nice, the irony being is I'm a trained counsellor. Though now I'm vastly better equipped to take care of myself and others.

I suffered major designer burnout last year, sold my business, etc. Haven't done any designing for a year tomorrow.

Yea it's not nice, the irony being is I'm a trained counsellor. Though now I'm vastly better equipped to take care of myself and others.

That's good to hear :)

It's sometimes hard to recognise as a spouse, (or more aptly accept I guess) that it is happening to someone else, especially if they are under a lot of financial pressure, it's not always possible to just up and leave a job that is slowly killing you.

That's good to hear :)

It's sometimes hard to recognise as a spouse, (or more aptly accept I guess) that it is happening to someone else, especially if they are under a lot of financial pressure, it's not always possible to just up and leave a job that is slowly killing you.
this is very true.

Top Bottom