1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Explorer 9

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shamil, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Have you tried Internet Explorer 9?

It's more aimed at web developers, but from what I've seen, the performance is very promising, and the CSS 3 and HTML 5 implementations are improving with every public build. The rendering of pages, are sound.

However, given the current SunSpider results in JS execution speed, it looks unlikely that they will further enhance the JS engine. As such, any more improvements would be on a very miniscule basis, of the order of 1000's of a millisecond.

If you're interested, try it here. I do wonder what is your opinion of it, if you have used it. I don't really think comments such as: "IE is rubbish whatever they do", or to that effect are particularly constructive and useful.

Dark_Hunter likes this.
  2. Dark_Hunter

Dark_Hunter Member

Then IE 10 and 11 then 12 and 13. :)

3. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Maybe not IE 13 - MSFT don't like that number. Whilst on the topic, you cannot post content using IE9, due to a bug in JS/TinyMCE.

4. Dismounted

Dismounted Well-Known Member

Yeah, they went straight from Office 12 to 14. :p Damn superstitions.

5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

right now i'm under FF 3.6.8 (previously i was a 'beta tester') ... still loving it for its add-on ... i'm looking for Chrome, really faster ... IE? uhm ... no thanks ... :D

6. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

IE9 is quite good so far, although we've still yet to have a proper beta release.

7. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

I hope the UI improves, the browser shell is dull and unimaginative.

8. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

UI improvements don't come until at least the beta. You never start off with a UI design, you always build the UI around new functionality.

9. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Obviously, the current builds are for testing the trident engine primarily.