Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but the statements quoted in the article were taken from this thread, no? Or maybe I'm just delirious from coffee-abstinence.

Internet Brands has defiantly pushed me over the edge with this tactic. I wish I could sue them for Screwing my community up with false promises and driving my members away because of all of the flaws in this disaster I payed for over a year ago. I can't switch yet but the moment I heard I came so I could see if I had the Funds to purchase a license so I can give you the support you will need.

This is a shame. I wonder how this is going down in court. I can't see it holding up at all to be honest.

Definitely frivolous. A good defense attorney can get this thrown out before it even gets to trial or bog it down with so many motions to delay it for years.

Now, I don't have the complaint in front of me but I'm certain they have 0 standing and if I were XF I'd file motions to counter sue for attorney costs and for that posting they've put up that is simply, liable and slanderous.

Please take a screen shot and use that to file a counter claim and bargain with that to make them back down :mad:

Ain't that the truth! People fed up with vB who hadn't yet HEARD of XenForo now has. BRILLIANT!

Yep! I'm in that boat. I saw this announcement on the vB site and came here! :D Another bone head move by IB but I'm glad they made it or else I probably wouldn't of heard of XF for a while ...

Ain't that the truth! People fed up with vB who hadn't yet HEARD of XenForo now has. BRILLIANT!

Same here. It's been about 24 hours since i got 'redirected' here ... i have my licence and i have yet to play with it and do you know what ......... i feel like i want to again rather than dreading new updates (or get fed up waiting for them).

Definitely frivolous. A good defense attorney can get this thrown out before it even gets to trial or bog it down with so many motions to delay it for years.

Now, I don't have the complaint in front of me but I'm certain they have 0 standing and if I were XF I'd file motions to counter sue for attorney costs and for that posting they've put up that is simply, liable and slanderous.

Please take a screen shot and use that to file a counter claim and bargain with that to make them back down :mad:

It can't be libel and slanderous at the same time....

Obviously the XF team isn't coming to this thread for legal advice. Some of the stuff posted just makes no sense what so ever.

Well I think thats my forum's 9-year love affair with vb over.

Our board started out on one of the earlier versions of 2.x, and has gone all the way up to 3.8.6 which is what we're running it on currently. So far it's been great, but it all changed with 4.0. I've been horrified at the mess made of vb4.0x and the way IB treated their customers. Instead of listening to them, you ban them and revoke their licences. Way to go, that'll get the customers on-side :rolleyes:

I hope (and suspect) from the way UK law works that IB won't get very far and that all they've succeeded in giving you guys is lots of publicity.

Just purchased my XF licence for the site and I'm going to play with the software over the next week and see how feasible a conversion is and if the users like it. It's a shame we had to fork out for a 4.0x licence in order to keep our 3.8x (we were using the old leased licence scheme), but at least IB won't be getting any more of our money.

I think if there are users offering a free downgrade vb4/vb 3.8 service for newbie users, this will help much to have more conversions to Xenforo :D

I think if there are users offering a free downgrade vb4/vb 3.8 service for newbie users, this will help much to have more conversions to Xenforo :D

Just use the vB3 importer for vB4 forums ............ the admins at my ISP did that and had no issues apart from a couple of missing attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom