Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm afraid it doesn't... ... Had IB applied for an interim injunction, given the test and rules, it would have likely only stopped the sale (which is what would have caused IB any damage) rather than shut the website down.

I stand corrected. Nice to see good solid info.

How is that fixed? He said he thinks XenForo will be ok selling the source code, and you've changed it to they wont be ok to sell the source code :confused:
Ahhh! The crazyness is impairing my judgement! I thought he said he doubts that XF will be able to sell their source code. AGH!

Sorry, but I am owed no explanation.
Sorry, but others may feel differently.
I myself am here waiting to buy it right away.
But if you cant understand why some folks (specially those who havent been here for the past month or havent seen the released videos) might be a little skittish after the announcement by IB followed by the presale delay.

Its a bit ominous, and im sure a lot of potential customers are feeling a little confused.

Moved to off topic as this thread has been off topic more than all our off-topic threads combined. We will keep it open for the time being.
Xenforo Discussion and Questions - I think this thread fitted in nicely there! Personally, I dont think this thread has gone off track much, just my tuppence worth.

Xenforo Discussion and Questions - I think this thread fitted in nicely there! Personally, I dont think this thread has gone off track much, just my tuppence worth.

It did fit in there. We could have split it, but the orginal would have veered left or right again.

#6 is not happening. #5 has been happening for quite some time, and I think they will continue on that path. #4 is going to happen. #3 isn't going to happen. #2 isn't happening due to the post by shanj. #1 I would refrain from it, but whatever.

All i know is that none of us are lawyers (wait, is one of us actually a lawyer?), so all i see is a bunch of people reading stuff that they think they can interpret.
We cant.
No matter how clear cut something may look, it can mean the total opposite legally speaking.
While Shanji's post is informative, it is not definitive in my estimation. Well unless she is a lawyer.
If not then its just untrained layman interpretation.

I was contacted by the Wirefresh tech blog to do an article about all this, when it goes live in the morning I'll post up a link.

Go forth people and spread the news - let's make sure it goes viral and brings even more people here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom