Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the fact that the xF guys took time out to go and play badminton last night, when all this was happening - a proper response imho.

Reminded me of the famous story of Sir Francis Drake: It is rumoured that at hearing that the Spanish were sailing towards the English Channel, Drake was consumed in a game of Bowls, and replied, ‘There’s time to finish the game, and beat the Spaniards too!” - which he subsequently did!

I don't think you are in a position to speculate on what they did or did not do during the cease-time.

Check every 9 hours, if it gets released in the next 72 hours, you will run into the 24h sale window.
Honestly, I will forget, and XF will lose out on my business. This "check the forums" stuff is for people who hang out on forums all day, of which I am not one.

Honestly, I will forget, and XF will lose out on my business. This "check the forums" stuff is for people who hang out on forums all day, of which I am not one.

Just set a reminder on your phone (assuming you have one that has such a feature) to remind you to check the site every 4 hours or so.

Sorry, but I am owed no explanation.
All the XenForo community needs right now is for Kier/Mike/Ash to come make an announcement that alleviates some of the concerns brought up by IB's press release.

1. XenForo should do its best to dispel any rumors and doubt by addressing these things ASAP.
  2. Have they been served with an actual lawsuit, or is this mere posturing/threatening by IB?
  3. Tell us why the Beta release is delayed.
  4. Let us know when its going on sale, it not going on sale as scheduled only adds to the specter of doubt that has been cast by the IB announcement.
  5. Show the Admin Demo during the Beta sale so people can make a more informed decision and not compare XenForo's early sell to vB4's presale. (just semantics imo)
  6. Make the "unforeseen circumstances" be related to something other than the IB announcement.

Hm. I got a question. Was iKonboards as popular as vbulletin? I liked ikonboards, but it was a free product [that is, from what I remember].

Yes, Ikonboard was free community software for using, I used it for a while years ago. So obviously the case with Matt and the owners of Ikonboard was slightly different seeing as Ikonboard was free. Lost sales and revenue loss didn't come into play really, not like it would with XenForo and vBulletin, obviously!

I am still writing content for Internet Brands, is now a good time to stop?
Only you can make that decision, based on the way that you feel about things at this time. Don't be influenced by others actions - make the choice your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom