Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the timing of IB's attack, I'm sure the guys are consulting with various parties and determining the proper course.

All the XenForo community needs right now is for Kier/Mike/Ash to come make an announcement that alleviates some of the concerns brought up by IB's press release.

1. XenForo should do its best to dispel any rumors and doubt by addressing these things ASAP.
  2. Have they been served with an actual lawsuit, or is this mere posturing/threatening by IB?
  3. Tell us why the Beta release is delayed.
  4. Let us know when its going on sale, it not going on sale as scheduled only adds to the specter of doubt that has been cast by the IB announcement.
  5. Show the Admin Demo during the Beta sale so people can make a more informed decision and not compare XenForo's early sell to vB4's presale. (just semantics imo)
  6. Make the "unforeseen circumstances" be related to something other than the IB announcement.
1. They should, but if they were going to make an annoucement about the IB lawsuit, then they would have done it already I'd imagine.
2. Who knows.
3. The Beta release is delayed a few hours because they probably had other more pressing issues to deal with yesterday.
4. They updated the thread to say it's still on for today it's just going to fall out of business hours for UK
5. Agree, a demo of the admin area would be fantastic, but I doubt it's going to happen.
6. No one knows if thats what it's related to for sure (IB Lawsuit), or if it's a bug in the ordering system or the product not being ready for Beta yet.

Well it would be a bit pointless closing the thread now.

I expect people will gradually stop posting in it once the next big subject appears... ;)

Suffice to say, I'm sure the company owners will update us all when they're ready.

#6 is not happening. #5 has been happening for quite some time, and I think they will continue on that path. #4 is going to happen. #3 isn't going to happen. #2 isn't happening due to the post by shanj. #1 I would refrain from it, but whatever.

#6 is not happening. #5 has been happening for quite some time, and I think they will continue on that path. #4 is going to happen. #3 isn't going to happen. #2 isn't happening due to the post by shanj. #1 I would refrain from it, but whatever.
Whatever sums it up just fine I think :)

I seriously don't have all day to monitor this forum, so can someone please tell me how and where to subscribe so that I get notification (today, tomorrow, whenever) that XenForo is for sale?

Nope! The Nobel prize went to a Dutch guy ;) (no joke)

Just the science one. A Danish guy also grabbed one. Or so I think. The papers here in Denmark this morning had an article on the guy who was responsible for test tube babies getting one as well.

But yeah. Weird mix of news from the Dutch today. Hooray for the Nobel prize and all, but the apparent farce of a Justice Department makes me thankful that I left Holland.

I seriously don't have all day to monitor this forum, so can someone please tell me how and where to subscribe so that I get notification (today, tomorrow, whenever) that XenForo is for sale?
Check every 9 hours, if it gets released in the next 72 hours, you will run into the 24h sale window.

I love the fact that the xF guys took time out to go and play badminton last night, when all this was happening - a proper response imho.

Reminded me of the famous story of Sir Francis Drake: It is rumoured that at hearing that the Spanish were sailing towards the English Channel, Drake was consumed in a game of Bowls, and replied, ‘There’s time to finish the game, and beat the Spaniards too!” - which he subsequently did!

Just the science one. A Danish guy also grabbed one. Or so I think. The papers here in Denmark this morning had an article on the guy who was responsible for test tube babies getting one as well.

But yeah. Weird mix of news from the Dutch today. Hooray for the Nobel prize and all, but the apparent farce of a Justice Department makes me thankful that I left Holland.

Yeah, I just dunno what is going on with our politics. I can't agree to any party, and we're turning into a police state or something. I lost interest in the way we value other people in our country in terms of respect. I am glad I live here - but they have to work hard to make it fun to stay. I tend to ignore the Dutch news though. I only read about via popurls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom