Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a good read. Another reason why i'm even more confuddled as to what to do, sigh!

By the way, is it allowed to post stuff restricted to vB license holders? Could give more ammo for the cannons.
I personally doubt that IB have a case here, however you must decide for yourself whether it's worth the risk.

You can't sue former employers for creating a rival product, it's their profession. If that was the case no one in production would ever be able to change employers. And the timing of this is just corporate sabotage. Even the least cynical person would think so, never mind a courtroom. Thankfully it's come back to bite them with the reaction it's getting.

K/A/M are working hard on getting the software ready to release, hopefully tonight. Yesterdays' events set them back a few hours.
I don't understand your response to what I said - I wasn't talking about KAM.

Oh my, check in before then. You never know what miracles they have up their sleeves....... ;)

Miracle: Copyright 2004-2010 Jesus, Inc. All rights reserved. "Miracle" does not imply any particular action, motion, gesture, movement, or release in the past, present, or future. "Miracles" shall make no contract or warranty between Jesus Inc and the end user. "Miracles" will arrive some day, Jesus Inc does guarantee that "Miracles" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Miracles" as Jesus Inc will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Miracles". "Miracles" may only be used or referenced by a trained member of Jesus Inc.

The bible vs xenforo. You saw it here first.

Great article The Law.......Would you think if IB is selling the vb software, that this could have more to do with the law suite? I would think if IB is selling that part of the company and the deal isn't complete, IB would have allot to loose if there is competition.

Miracle: Copyright 2004-2010 Jesus, Inc. All rights reserved. "Miracle" does not imply any particular action, motion, gesture, movement, or release in the past, present, or future. "Miracles" shall make no contract or warranty between Jesus Inc and the end user. "Miracles" will arrive some day, Jesus Inc does guarantee that "Miracles" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Miracles" as Jesus Inc will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Miracles". "Miracles" may only be used or referenced by a trained member of Jesus Inc.

The bible vs xenforo. You saw it here first.

I happened to go with Buddha Inc. they are guaranteeing their miracles :D and I am patiently waiting for it. Few more hours :D

I wonder what Kiers and the others thoughts and position on all this are.

Since they are moving ahead with the release I feel that they are feeling pretty confident with their position on things.

I'm completely off a few degrees on the actual topic itself, but coming from a family of 4 brothers, one being a preacher, one is a lawyer, one is an accountant and the other is a truck driver, I would be really interested in hearing all 4 of their opinions on the matter. LOL (that would get really interesting)
But what I meant to say was, the one that's a lawyer said that these things usually don't go very far in court at all. There would have to be a substantial amount of obvious copyright infringement for this to go too far, and I really doubt that's the case at all. XF by far surpasses VB. They are NOTHING alike.

If he's giving them away, I'll have one.

Only so I can convert from phpBB to vB to XF :D
He's decided to hold on to 'em for now and see how things turn out, but I'll let him know you guys are interested when he makes up his mind. :)

I'm completely off a few degrees on the actual topic itself, but coming from a family of 4 brothers, one being a preacher, one is a lawyer, one is an accountant and the other is a truck driver, I would be really interested in hearing all 4 of their opinions on the matter. LOL (that would get really interesting)
But what I meant to say was, the one that's a lawyer said that these things usually don't go very far in court at all. There would have to be a substantial amount of obvious copyright infringement for this to go too far, and I really doubt that's the case at all. XF by far surpasses VB. They are NOTHING alike.
Lawyer would say : IB has the burden of proof
accountant : it all depends on how much revenue xen will generate during this ordeal
truck driver : to hell with it, run em over
preacher would probably advice to turn the other cheek

Lawyer would say : IB has the burden of proof
accountant : it all depends on how much revenue xen will generate during this ordeal
truck driver : to hell with it, run em over
preacher would probably advice to turn the other cheek

LMAO!!!!
1.gif

My thoughts exactly! Except on the truck driver. He wouldn't have worded it so nicely. LOL

Well this is what im trying to work out in my head.

To put a long story short, I think a similar situation might be.

A decorator paints a room blue while working for company X.
The decorator then leaves company X and signs an agreement of sorts. (The exact details is what we need to know, but lets just say he cannot use a special mix of paint used for... toilets?)
The decorator then paints a house blue working for himself using normal off the shelf paint.
Company X tries to sue the decortator for painting the house.

I mean, if this is the case, IB will get laughed out the courts... and the more I look at it... the more it seems to be the likely outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom