Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play the lotto :) I will buy you and I a ticket tomorrow wish me luck
Nice, Goodluck, if my ticket wins feel free to buy as many licenses from xf that you can and distribute them to vb members, and I'll send you the money for the ticket ;-)

I certainly would be able to use one or two .. haha.
10,000 x 100 = 1,000,000. I'm sure kier, mike, and ashley wouldn't mind that too much... haha.
yeah that's why I picked that number ;-) over 1 million in sales on day 1 would cause vb to fold everyone would move especially if I was giving all the modders free licenses to xf.

Time is the commodity for me that is in the shortest supply but when I do have the time I am thinking about doing something.

One day I got horribly angry when on vb.com. Not because of my issues but several other peoples, they where not bashing vB or misbehaving, they where asking questions and I thought they where handled in the worst way. In my moment of anger I bought the domain name vbulletinsucksforums.com. I was going to open it as an SMF forum. I finally calmed down and decided not to open that forum though I was still quite angry about the behavior I saw.

When I get the time I am considering going ahead and setting that forum up. I actually hate conflict and do not like forums based on conflict but I understand why they sometimes happen.

Based on what I've read here I think there may be some staff departure announcements at IB/VB before too long.
Not saying it will do any good... Maybe it will. For me that issue is moot.
I'll be surprised if the link I've posted here stays live or at least doesn't get
intensely pruned.

saw the announcment so does it mean xenforo will sell the license 6th october instead of today 5th october
since the announcement was posted today around 2 am

maidos, for you maybe. In central time, it is only 1:21 AM at the current time (in my time anyways), and I do believe it's almost business hours in the UK.
There's the assumption that "business hours" means any time from 10AM to like 6PM or something of that sort in the UK.
There's a thread somewhere on this forum that states times globally... try searching for release time zones, not sure where it is, quite busy, even while watching this thread, sorry :)
saw the announcment so does it mean xenforo will sell the license 6th october instead of today 5th october
since the announcement was posted today around 2 am

The announcement was posted Yesterday, 11:27 PM BST, so don't worry as it was 4th October for XenForo devs.

makes me wonder, i live in sweden and the devs are located in uk and theres only one hour time difference btw these two countries and they posted that announcment 2 am in my time.

I haven't read through the whole thread at this time (simply because there's too much to read), but I only was made aware of XenForo due to the announcement made on vbulletin.org. And while I'd love to be able to purchase a copy upon release, I amn't able to afford to do so as of yet. I was somewhat neutral towards IB (although had questioned a few of their practices), but given I'm now made aware of what they're doing, I'm not terribly impressed with them, and I'll be switching to XF as soon as I possibly can, although ideally, I'd require some sort of CMS solution before I can properly begin to commit to a switch. I am looking forward to learning about the API in the meantime and learning how to make my own add-ons as well! It certainly seems easier to code for XF compared to vB, from what I've read.

I am impressed with what I see so far, and think that XF deserves to be successful, as the devs and other staff genuinely care about what they're doing, and this is something I can get behind. It's a shame what happened with vB though.

makes me wonder, i live in sweden and the devs are located in uk and theres only one hour time difference btw these two countries and they posted that announcment 2 am in my time.
Developers (of any sort) tend to have a lack of sleep :P not sure why .. must be the addiction of coding something new and great.. :)

I haven't read through the whole thread at this time (simply because there's too much to read), but I only was made aware of XenForo due to the announcement made on vbulletin.org. And while I'd love to be able to purchase a copy upon release, I amn't able to afford to do so as of yet. I was somewhat neutral towards IB (although had questioned a few of their practices), but given I'm now made aware of what they're doing, I'm not terribly impressed with them, and I'll be switching to XF as soon as I possibly can, although ideally, I'd require some sort of CMS solution before I can properly begin to commit to a switch. I am looking forward to learning about the API in the meantime and learning how to make my own add-ons as well! It certainly seems easier to code for XF compared to vB, from what I've read.

I am impressed with what I see so far, and think that XF deserves to be successful, as the devs and other staff genuinely care about what they're doing, and this is something I can get behind. It's a shame what happened with vB though.
Welcome to Xenforo my friend, by your post I can tell once you play around with this here you will see that xenforo is as powerful as it is lightweight and that leaves plenty of load on your server to add your customizations. Things are still to come as we're still under beta here but...there is a suggestions section and they are listening to the customers so have a peak in there and see if any of your ideas have already been suggested, if they havn't make yourself one. I'll look for yah. :-)

Welcome from everyone here.

Looks like vb.org has deleted all the pro xenforo posts. I think by now they would be realising that they have shot themselves in the foot - Big Time!

Looks like vb.org has deleted all the pro xenforo posts. I think by now they would be realising that they have shot themselves in the foot - Big Time!
It was quite a shock when I read about the lawsuite.

Main question is: Is it true?
If not, then XenForo has nothing to fear.
But if what they claim is true, then XenForo has a huge problem.

Time will tell.
I definitly hope that this will be resolved soon, and XenForo can push forward to replace vb on my website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom