Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kier is British, try Jude Law instead.

*fixed*

I cant wait to see the movie "The Bulletin Board" starring Jude Law in 2012.

bb-jpg.3387

Welcome to XenForo! :)

Thanks!! Have been around a while - watching since the first week or so - but am disabled and not often able to get online - so my posting is massively sporadic! ;)
I'm definitely walking over to the light side though, lol, as soon as I can get my hands on that license! :D

First I would like to say I am 100% behind xenforo and any forum platform competition. Also I am not against vbulletin the software but against the practices of the company which holds the software. I have been a software engineer for much over a decade and seen forum platforms come and go and evolve. The entire point of competition is to push the envelope and boundaries of the software genre. I see xenforo flow and feel completely different from vBulletin's but I do see a some similar back-end stuff. Again I don't have the source code or real basis to support that, it is just an observation. But to say xenforo copied CORE features or methods how can they say such a thing without actually viewing the source. If they have the source how did they get it and do they even have time to view it with new company merger and shuffling of employees. I say NO and say this was a deliberate attempt to stall or stop xenforo.

I have been to the LA headquarters and met Alvin Fong, the Business Operations Director, as well as Adrian Harris who you guys always bring up. I know other people that work there as well but that is not important. The point I want to make is this and again this is just my opinion. After meeting with them for many hours they do not care about you and only care about stock holders. They pumped up the company and purchased many sites which some where from my friends and clients. They got their company purchased which was ultimate goal for stake holders who made a pretty penny. So now I have no idea what the new owner is doing or thinking. I think it is a spare of the moment thing they had to do without thinking it through because they inherited the problem which I doubt was disclosed to them. This will back fire big time but I think they had no choice in the matter. All we can do as supporters is keep supporting xenforo and its team members.

Again I blame this all on coperate greed over helping and providing a solid product and service to there customers. Service and support should always be #1 before anything. I have no doubt xenforo will come out of this bigger and better.

I would love to help in any way I can whether it be development (coding), legal, or finances. I will already be porting all my software and any future software to xenforo platform.

I am available 15+ hours a day :)

Guys, cool down. no point in name calling. They may be doing their job whether they like it or not. I am sure everyone who works as an employee faces a situation where you have to do somethings against your mind's voice, but you still do it.

What's that mean? Are you saying if my boss told me to do something unethical. That it is okay for me to follow orders and not refuse?

What if my boss said to frame an employee? Am I supposed to do it for the sake of saving the company?

...At the end of the day.. I say cancel the sale tomorrow.
Sorry mate, but I disagree... that said, I'm not an attorney.
Notwithstanding legal advice to the contrary, I'd say go ahead with the sale, collect the revenue, deploy the software...
Let the burden of proof stay where it belongs... on IB.

Hey i have seen people boycott foods that's production caused unfair treatment of animals, why wouldn't that make sense to do to a company that shows that same disregard to customers. It's as easy as not patronizing any thing they call theirs. I look at xenforo as being MY software, vbulletin was only ever THEIR software to me.

We should all just take a step back, be positive and show that logical thinking people are backing a solid idea from a couple of great people. Strength in numbers...VB has accountants, we have a community that came together to tell the designers what we needed and they are listening. This is nothing like vB and we need to leave them in the past where they belong and move on to the future. A community creating a community software is a great thing. Some people are obviously jealous because a business plan and projection can't tell you what your customers want, only they can.

This post from IB has probably brought more attention to XenForo than ever. I only learned about XenForo a month ago, because of an off-chance post on vb.org. I know there are still a lot of admins who have never heard of XenForo either. This post from IB has not only shown their true colors, it has also validated XenForo's exists, and informed their customer base that there is another player in the market... a player that IB is obviously scared of; so naturally their customer base will wonder why. It wont be long before they see the advantages to XenForo over vBulletin.
This this this this this. x1000000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom