Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the timing speaks volumes and has obviously been designed to cause maximum impact.
+1.
Well either way IB loses. Either they look like greedy sons of beeps! Or even more customers will leave them.
I can't believe they even posted this topic in their ANNOUNCEMENTS forum.. that's like telling all current and new customers. We are out here to get and take down everyone!
Yet backfiring by starkly revealing their ulterior motive, eh...

The more I think about what IB pulled, including the timing, and the threat to XF customers, the more I smell PANIC at IB.

That is most definatly not doing to happen there is nothing more destructive or worse in an organisation that shareholders. Given that every single choice a company has to make once they have burrowed their way in, is "How can we get more money quicker for the shareholders, who do we have to screw or what ethics & morals do we have to destroy" it drives good products/teams/companies into the ground.

It would be an unmitigated disaster and thankfully from what I can guess would never happen.
It is true... but as I said TO US users not your average investor as we're not in it for the money.

When they lose their case and it's time to pay back :D IB will pay us handsomely :D ...

Not sure how things work in the UK, is it the loser who pays the other party his legal fees and damages ? because in the US that's not the case

Agreed.. saw it happen with IB, and It wasn't worth it! I rather see Kier and Mike have total control over major aspects of XF as a business

Indeed, I saw it from the inside and lived though it till I couldn't take any more as well.

I cant wait to see the movie "The Bulletin Board" starring Jude Law in 2012.

bb-jpg.3387

Attachments

• bb.webp
    bb.webp
    3.1 KB · Views: 305
It is true... but as I said TO US users not your average investor as we're not in it for the money.

When they lose their case and it's time to pay back :D IB will pay us handsomely :D ...

Not sure how things work in the UK, is it the loser who pays the other party his legal fees and damages ? because in the US that's not the case

It makes no difference what so ever, once that genie is out of the bottle it is always about money and driven by greed. How about this ........ shares are offered, IB buys the lot and then the whole thing happens again .........

Things work rather well in the UK.

+1.

Yet backfiring by starkly revealing their ulterior motive, eh...

The more I think about what IB pulled, including the timing, and the threat to XF customers, the more I smell PANIC at IB.

Well it IS a panic. I mean vB4 isn't selling well. Most users I've talked to tried it out and hated it.

And when you have a service offered by a 3rd party, for DOWN GRADING... that is pretty sad. I saw a huge demand for users who want to downgrad from vB4 to vB3.8.

So obviously it shows IB is dying and I think they just shot their own selves in the food. With 4.1 coming out soon, and going out like this to get at XF. They just destroyed ANYpotentienal sales they could've gotten.

I don't know who's running or calling the shots at IB. But that person must have the worst judgement ever. I wonder what Grad school he/she went too. Quite sad...

For people to compare. look at the source code of the main page of xenforo (Html 5 too :D)
then go to other guys /forum and pull up the source code !!! I just looked at the first 100 lines.

Not sure of what copyrights they're talking about !

OK, well back to the original topic, I was thinking about this a bit, and it is pure speculation.

What kind of case does IB have over a "look and feel" copyright, if that's what they're going for? I can't see any other type of copyright that they could claim, as weak as it is anyway, with the hundreds of other forum packages out there that came along before vBulletin.

I think it is more in line with what happen with HP's ex-CEO who went to Oracle. HP sued him because he knew too much about HP and what they were gonna do in the future and there would be no way for him to do his Job in Oracle without breaking NDAs and trade secrets. They eventually settled for a large chunk of his bonus (which I think is designed to keep him away from those types of jobs for 12 months or so) and who knows what other conditions. But from the looks of the post it seems that is the type of lawsuit they are taking against Kier and Mike :(

Guys, cool down. no point in name calling. They may be doing their job whether they like it or not. I am sure everyone who works as an employee faces a situation where you have to do somethings against your mind's voice, but you still do it.

LMAO! Ashton Kutcher plays Bob Brisco! Calling the shots!

Starring minime as Ray Morgan!
And Jim Carey as IB Adrian!

Ok so I might be totally wrong, but I think here (uk) it depends on what the judge orders ... they *can* order for the loser to pay the other parties fees, but it depends on the circumstances.....?

I've been keeping tabs on XF for a while now.. what attracted me was its clean UI and bright look. Reminded me of VB 4's concept art. That, coupled with IB's threat against its licensed customers, XF is likely to gain one more ex-vBulletin customer.

Loving what I'm seeing.

Guys, cool down. no point in name calling. They may be doing their job whether they like it or not. I am sure everyone who works as an employee faces a situation where you have to do somethings against your mind's voice, but you still do it.

I chose otherwise and I had/have no other job to go to.

Dont think there is anything common

I've been keeping tabs on XF for a while now.. what attracted me was its clean UI and bright look. Reminded me of VB 4's concept art. That, coupled with IB's threat against its licensed customers, XF is likely to gain one more ex-vBulletin customer.

Loving what I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom