Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting question:
Selling your license off means another admin will acquire it, and start a new forum with the said license.
Not selling your license means another admin might purchase directly from IB to start a new forum with the newly acquired license, or not purchase a license all together and go with a free alternative.

Which one is more harmful?

Harmful to whom?

Sorry, I don't understand your point.

I actually printed a few files for a more visual interaction (before I even heard of the vB docs), wonder if I still have them laying around... :p

I guess I could print out something

I have an HD camcorder and one of those toilets that supposedly can flush a bucket of golf balls also

I feel a YouTube upload coming lol

Somewhat shocked, but not surprised that IB is sueing Xenforo
For a company, they really do leave a terrible taste in my mouth, I was about to upgrade my 3.8 forum to 4.0.7, but I don't think I'll bother now, heh

Interesting question:
Selling your license off means another admin will acquire it, and start a new forum with the said license.
Not selling your license means another admin might purchase directly from IB to start a new forum with the newly acquired license, or not purchase a license all together and go with a free alternative.

Which one is more harmful?

Good Point might make me feel better to just take my losses and not use my licenses anymore.

If IB does try to buy out xenForo, then I hope K.A.M. make the license agreement favorable to us... Until version Gold 1 is out. I do not want to see this end up in IB's hands...

Note to self: I wonder how many 'Alerts' I can be show at one time......

Finally got caught up on this thread! :)

I've been chasing it off and on all day but the posts always kept ahead of me...

I won't rehash what's been said to death above, I'll just state for the record our total support for Mike, Kier and Ashley and the platform they have created.

IB's actions are totally in keeping with their basic corporate culture, and I simply lack the words to express how crystal pure is my satisfaction to see their actions backfiring on them in terms of the awesome publicity they have gifted XF with. :)

I'd also like to point out that if Susan's read on the timing involved is correct, IB waited until just AFTER the Close of Business in the UK to post their announcement, and isn't that another little peak into the way they think?

IB... Used to eat up a lot of my time. I provided constructive criticism about vBlog till my fingers were bruised from typing. I spent weeks trying to find ways to make thing work. We're done.

Goodby, IB, may you reap what you sow as it returns upon you times 3.

Hello, XF, may you reap what you sow as it returns upon you times 3.

:)

vBulletin 4 was a disaster. The CMS is a major embarrassment. I refuse to let this fear mongering by Internet Brands (or whichever company owns vBulletin now) sway my vote. I don't really even need a forum any time soon. I'm buying anyway !!!

It looks likes the POLL in vBulletin Licensed Customer Feedback that showed that over 50% of paid members were moving to XenForo got IB's attention.

My post on vB.com: My purchase of XenForo tomorrow now has 2 meanings: Because I want to run a great forum, and as a legal defense fund.
+1!
did they also do a veil threat against us that buy the software?
Sure seemed that way to me, but I'm not a lawyer. There ARE some jurisdictions however where threatening to sue is in itself actionable, i.e. you can get sued for threatening to sue - either sue or don't, but don't try using the threat to coerce. That's what a good lawyer once told me --my two farthings... Waiting for the XF shop to open.

Heh true, and I happen to have $100 spare in my paypal account to! Imagine that. :p
As do I, what a coincidence. Looks like two happy customers. :p
vBulletin 4 was a disaster. The CMS is a major embarrassment. I refuse to let this fear mongering by Internet Brands (or whichever company owns vBulletin now) sway my vote. I don't really even need a forum any time soon. I'm buying anyway !!!

It looks likes the POLL in vBulletin Licensed Customer Feedback that showed that over 50% of paid members were moving to XenForo got IB's attention.
I agree with the CMS.
As far as the poll goes, it's maybe 1% of the vbulletin userbase.
Finally got caught up on this thread! :)

I've been chasing it off and on all day but the posts always kept ahead of me...
I gave up trying to catch up and started at #750 :)
If IB does try to buy out xenForo, then I hope K.A.M. make the license agreement favorable to us... Until version Gold 1 is out. I do not want to see this end up in IB's hands...

I would leave before it started if IB even came close to purchasing xenForo. I dislike their staff, their styles, and the fact they make more bugs than fixes. Haha.

I see. And instead of doing the right thing and starting to really improve their product, what do they decide to do? Yes, the worst possible action thinkable, that will drive away what's left of their loyal members. They must have thought what Microsoft can do, we can do. But they forgot forum software is a completely different niche!

nuff said ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom