Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop being a bleeeeep
Paul M can speak for himself you know :) You're replying to every post he's in.
I apologize if my posts offend your friend Paul M, but he's been doing nothing but talking negative since his first post. I just can't take it too seriously anymore what he says, especially after a few shots of whisky and beers.

They have not failed at failing.
I sometimes wonder if they want to destroy vB. If you look at the decisions made by management, it's like every single one seems to be pointed towards failure. And the funny thing is that they do not seem to care. It's like they have some master plan to make even more money, and the failure of vB is just collateral damage or something.

Me neither ;) But he states that if he logs out the site (xenforo.org) is really speedy and when he logs back in he's seeing unusual page loading delays, blank pages and other mishaps. That doesn't make sense if your internet is bad. Sounds a lot like the Miserable Users mod which is really popular over @ vb.org.
The great irony of course is that Paul M is the author of that mod.

I can't condone the use of a similar feature on here, but even Paul must admit, that's mildly chucklesome.

I sometimes wonder if they want to destroy vB. If you look at the decisions made by management, it's like every single one seems to be pointed towards failure. And the funny thing is that they do not seem to care. It's like they have some master plan to make even more money, and the failure of vB is just collateral damage or something.
Nah, i doubt they are that smart. Probably just on the minute decisions because they have no vision.

Never attribute to malice what can better be explained by incompetence.

Well, there were the stockholders.
ocp-nazi.jpg

Paul M can speak for himself you know :) You're replying to every post he's in.
I apologize if my posts offend your friend Paul M, but he's been doing nothing but talking negative since his first post. I just can't take it too seriously anymore what he says, especially after a few shots of whisky and beers.
Paul is not my friend. I only know Paul as one of vB.org's admins, just like I know you from vB.org and your other endeavours (and know you're a fellow Dutchman). I'm also not replying to every post he's in. Check my post history before making silly accusations.

According to Gordon Gecko:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well, damn sure looked like it to me :) But whatever!

Back on topic .. It's a shame that this all is happening, but I congratulate XF LTD for reaching a milestone

Well, damn sure looked like it to me :) But whatever!

Back on topic .. It's a shame that this all is happening, but I congratulate XF LTD for reaching a milestone
Floris, I didn't recognize you for a moment. Can't believe you have a crying baby avatar now. Got used to your beer drinking happy face. :cool:

Interesting question:
Selling your license off means another admin will acquire it, and start a new forum with the said license.
Not selling your license means another admin might purchase directly from IB to start a new forum with the newly acquired license, or not purchase a license all together and go with a free alternative.

Which one is more harmful?

First one is not permitted, sub-letting or otherwise leasing out your own license is against EULA. You work(ed) there, you should read it ;)

Interesting question:
Selling your license off means another admin will acquire it, and start a new forum with the said license.
Not selling your license means another admin might purchase directly from IB to start a new forum with the newly acquired license, or not purchase a license all together and go with a free alternative.

Purchasing a vBulletin license lies on the asumption that the buyer knows nothing about neither the company that owns vB nor any of it's practices which in my opinion is quite rare.

Never attribute to malice what can better be explained by incompetence.
The incompetence is so immense that it lead me to believe it's (almost) impossible. But you're probably right, I tend to underestimate incompetence in big corporations. They are sometimes so blinded by their money centered principles that any common sense just goes right past them.

Interesting question:

I do not see anything harmful with either, but if someone wants a old vB 3.8.x license (due to stability) then they can have at it. The others of us who are moving on, well, are moving on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom