Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that under the data protection act, if requested, you cannot deny an account deletion request?
That's only true in certain circumstances and as a USA company with the data in the USA, it really doesn't matter :)

(I raised a whole issue about Data Protection on the vB forums when IB took over - it was ignored. Read into that what you want).

From my limited knowledge of business law in a limited there should not be more to get than the money of the limited itself.
The problem is the IB post indicates they are not only suing XenForo, but, Kier, Mike and Ashley as individuals as well (on the basis they had employment contracts with Jelsoft/IB previously and IB obviously feel they've done something wrong). So there is real risk to the individuals as well. The second problem though is that if XenForo can't pay its debts, its assets (i.e. the rights to the XenForo software) would be the next thing....

That's only true in certain circumstances and as a USA company with the data in the USA, it really doesn't matter :)

(I raised a whole issue about Data Protection on the vB forums when IB took over - it was ignored. Read into that what you want).

Yeah, pretty much useless unfortunately. I stand corrected. :)

You need to take a giant leap of faith to believe that rather than IB is just trying it on in an attempt to damage xF.

Exactly :)

The most important thing is, is that we would not know about this had it not been for the post at the vBulletin forums letting everyone know. On the day before the pre-sale. I'm sorry, but I can't see how anyone can't see it as something designed to damage XenForo, regardless of whatever the merits of the case are. I guess IB thought that some community interaction on that point would help them - shame they mis-judged and it back-fired, again.

This is almost unbelievable, staff members from the opposition who filed this action are actually here and have the bare faced cheek to tell people what is and what is not appropriate.

I would suggest to you that this behaviour right here is not appropriate.

3. Like it or not, if IB feels they're being infringed upon, they must protect their assets to keep them. If they allow xenForo to launch knowning using their code/tactics, there wouldn't be anything to stop them from future use.
But I don't see any tangible proof that will hold up in court.

Lets not forget IB is saying Mike, Kier and Ashley, all signed contracts (Non-compete perhaps?) So this should be easy to prove/disprove.
California and the UK aren't the most friendliest things to the NCC.

If the modification community completely collapses, then vBulletin becomes useless. Only forum admins who want to run it stock, or have deep pockets to pay for custom web development will use it. I'm surprised the operator of vB.org doesn't know this.
Seems ive been given a promotion ;)

First of all I doubt that the modification community is about to collapse overnight - despite all the "troubles" of the last year, there has actually been very little effect on modification releases, updates and installs. Even so, Im not going to predict the effects of this action - other than the obvious one which I already stated, the effect it will have on Forum Administrators who use the mods - targetting them is poor and selfish IMO.

The ONLY people it will affect is the forum administrators who use them.
And what happens when they move to a different platform so they can use the mods they used to have? Which will happen, granted it won't be overnight and will take time but chances are it will end up happening.

From my limited knowledge of business law in a limited there should not be more to get than the money of the limited itself.
That would be the case if IB sue'd XenForo Ltd. However they seem to sue Mike , Kier and Ashley

Talking of such, the IPCC got back to me. They've nearly finished investigating, but it looks like they're going to be fined.

Seems ive been given a promotion ;)

First of all I doubt that the modification community is about to collapse overnight - despite all the "troubles" of the last year, there has actually been very little effect on modification releases, updates and installs. Even so, Im not going to predict the effects of this action - other than the obvious one which I already stated, the effect it will have on Forum Administrators who use the mods - targetting them is poor and selfish IMO.
Who said the mod creators are targeting admins. They simply don't want to contribute so such a, how shall i put it, bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom