Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm used to seeing importers get used a lot ........ though I think this is going to see smoke coming out of the sides of the scripts.
You know, it's weird Jerry, reading all of the comments here and over "there" - I was thinking the exact same thing!!

I am so disgusted with internetbrands I have for the past 1 hour and a half removed all my resources from their domain. (something thought I'd never do) That's 113 threads, several hundred packs tens of thousands of images removed.

Probably makes me as bad as them but then I never really did care what others think.

It just shows you the lengths these clowns will stoop to. Not only that they cannot accept their responsibility since the takeover of IB that they messed up in every way they could. Thik about building a product from the ground up rather than trying to make an easy buck off the people you serve.
adolf.gif

Good on you Shelly - Don't blame you at all and I would do the same myself!

I want it entered into the record now that I was the first to predict this will end up being the longest thread on the XF forums :p

Sorry Shelley, but by doing that you are only hurting their users, not them.
If there are less resources there and more here, if more designers stop posting there and more here, it will damage them in the long run. Because their customers will notice the grass is getting greener elsewhere :)

True, however give that Internet Brands has gone this far already by pursing litigation, it's clear they will do everything they will throw everything on the wall and hope something sticks. and that includes pursing the matter in US Courts.

US courts have no jurisdiction over UK businesses. =P People make that mistake a lot. See: Guy who tried to get an injunction against CERN in a court in Hawaii, to be told... Um, This is Hawaii. We have no jursidiction over switzerland... =)

True, however give that Internet Brands has gone this far already by pursing litigation, it's clear they will do everything they will throw everything on the wall and hope something sticks. and that includes pursing the matter in US Courts.

As XF is a UK based company no ruling in the US court system can be enforced.

UK Law does not stop that, all these stupid "you cannot work for a competitor for several months etc" clauses written in contracts are worthless.

The same in my country !
Companies have started a few years ago with putting this clauses "you cannot work for a competitor for several months etc" into employment-contracts, but later on law decided that those clauses are in fact illegal.
So even if those clauses are written into your employment-contract, they are not worth the ink.

All very confusing as long as u dont know exactly.
But i think i will buy xf, maybe, earlier i thought.
Better to sell the old vb license as long as u get money for it and no old fish only :eek:

If I bought a xenForo license on the 5th, and let's say IB won this case, would that license/xenForo then belong to IB?
I have deleted 2 posts responding to this as they were pure speculation made with no knowledge of the terms and conditions of the XenForo license agreement.

Sigh, the US courts have NO power over the UK courts.
Except they're pursuing it in the UK courts. Pursuing it in the US courts only reflects on what's happening over here.

Again, if they are willing to go this low, they can go lower. It would not surprise me they launch another lawsuit from another front. Yes the US Courts do not have any power over UK Courts, but let's look closer. It's a two fold matter from where I stand.

Internet Brands is pursing legal action against XenForo Ltd., a UK firm. Since it's place of incorporation is UK, Internet Brands must pursue it in the UK Courts.

It also appears Internet Brands is pursing legal action against Kier, Mike, and Ashley for breach of employment contract. During their time with Jelsoft, an updated contract may have shifted the trial location from UK Courts to US Courts. This is where I'm concerned.

....though I think this is going to see smoke coming out of the sides of the scripts.
Cost vs benefit. IB is trying to bog XenForo down in litigation process knowing that XenForo don't have enough funds to go on with fighting in the court. This technique has been used before by internet behemoths. Ebay has successfully sued TeacherBay (?) because TB didn't have money to proceed any further.

Again, if they are willing to go this low, they can go lower. It would not surprise me they launch another lawsuit from another front. Yes the US Courts do not have any power over UK Courts, but let's look closer. It's a two fold matter from where I stand.

Internet Brands is pursing legal action against XenForo Ltd., a UK firm. Since it's place of incorporation is UK, Internet Brands must pursue it in the UK Courts.

It also appears Internet Brands is pursing legal action against Kier, Mike, and Ashley for breach of employment contract. During their time with Jelsoft, an updated contract may have shifted the trial location from UK Courts to US Courts. This is where I'm concerned.

Even if that were the case, that contract would only be legally binding in the USA, not the UK.

I have deleted 2 posts responding to this as they were pure speculation made with no knowledge of the terms and conditions of the XenForo license agreement.
Brogan, i think it's best you let this topic run its course as most of the things in this thread are speculations.

Cost vs benefit. IB is trying to bog XenForo down in litigation process knowing that XenForo don't have enough funds to go on with fighting in the court. This technique has been used before by internet behemoths. Ebay has successfully sued TeacherBay (?) because TB didn't have money to proceed any further.

The UK system protects companies from this happening to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom