Internet Brands claims against XenForo

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but lets say if something bad did happen. I'd hate to see Kier and Mike looked bad upon members.
Eg. we buy licenses and XF has to close down without refunds.

I doubt the guys want to put us in that position.

At the end of the day.. I say cancel the sale tomorrow. Get to the issue, and still work on XF to gold. By then the case will be at some finalized point. And XF will win even more members over, when everyone finds out IB failed

Personally i'm fine with it either way, I very much doubt IB will go on to try to sue everyone who proceeds to use their purchased XF software, people who are worried though may well be best off waiting - that could be for a long time with the legal system the way it is though.

Mhm, nothing stopping the guys from keeping that cash aside though =)

It's not like XF have hugely expensive overheads to be covered at this point, and the value of the assets (e.g work done by kier and mike) would factor into any judgement also. Theres very little downside for the guys going ahead with this (the sale) if they feel (or receive strong advice) that they would win any court action.

Obviously, however it is something to consider.

However until we know the full details it is only speculation, but everything points to IB grasping at straws knowing they have hit the iceberg, and no matter how unsinkable they think they are, they are taking on water.

Personally i'm fine with it either way, I very much doubt IB will go on to try to sue everyone who proceeds to use their purchased XF software, people who are worried though may well be best off waiting - that could be for a long time with the legal system the way it is though.
I'd whip out my XenHammer, and dumb them down.

I guess this is the right time to arrange a collective case from VB buyers (as I am) against IB for the LOW QUALITY of their vb4 product and request immediate MONEYBACK for the businesses we lost trying to apply their software.
No admins want to work with vb4.
That causes losses of money, time and future profits. Plus, that means overpay to admins.
I am not in the European courts legislation and hardly can get the moneyback - but those who are - should do that.

Not to mention totally impossible to enforce.

I guess this is the right time to arrange a collective case from VB buyers (as I am) against IB for the LOW QUALITY of their vb4 product and request immediate MONEYBACK for the businesses we lost trying to apply their software.
No admins want to work with vb4.
That causes losses of money, time and future profits. Plus, that means overpay to admins.
I am not in the European courts legislation and hardly can get the moneyback - but those who are - should do that.
Won't work, waste of money and time. throwing good money after bad.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment, but...just put it down to experience.

Still buying WHEN, not if, available.

Wow, IB really turned this into a David vs Goliath. There have not been too many things they have done right in the PR Department lol.

I am so disgusted with internetbrands I have for the past 1 hour and a half removed all my resources from their domain. (something thought I'd never do) That's 113 threads, several hundred packs tens of thousands of images removed.

Probably makes me as bad as them but then I never really did care what others think.

It just shows you the lengths these clowns will stoop to. Not only that they cannot accept their responsibility since the takeover of IB that they messed up in every way they could. Thik about building a product from the ground up rather than trying to make an easy buck off the people you serve.
adolf.gif
Sorry Shelley, but by doing that you are only hurting their users, not them.

This might not be as bad as it sounds. Lets look at it from a different angle. I'm sure given the xenForo's owners past experiences with said company, I highly doubt they would be careless enough to walk the line of infringement. It doesn't take a person long to discover xF's bright future, and big fish can be intimated very easily, hence the action. Once team xenForo gets this sorted it will be full steam ahead for them and another nail in the coffin for the big fish. Plus, I'm sure they will pick up a ton more business because of it.
In reality, why would you want to copy that code anyways? That doesn't even make sense :rolleyes:

Also for the record, I'm personally still going to support your project by purchasing a license.
Not just another nail in the coffin for vB. The FINAL nail in the coffin for vBulletin.

I am so disgusted with internetbrands I have for the past 1 hour and a half removed all my resources from their domain. (something thought I'd never do) That's 113 threads, several hundred packs tens of thousands of images removed.

Probably makes me as bad as them but then I never really did care what others think.

It just shows you the lengths these clowns will stoop to. Not only that they cannot accept their responsibility since the takeover of IB that they messed up in every way they could. Thik about building a product from the ground up rather than trying to make an easy buck off the people you serve.
adolf.gif
We could use some Hitler smilies right about now.

I agree they're proably not asleep but how couldn't have been 2020 hours when it's now only 1948 hours?

Im working away from home for 5 days and currently in Belgium. Forgot about the hour time difference when I posted! Doh!

I doubt this was totally unforeseen by the team. Kier told me back in the summer that they have no doubt they are legally okay with developing XF...so I say sit tight and don't lose faith in the good fight. We will all see the day, sooner rather than later, when IB is rewarded for their goodwill ;)

Hehe, totally agree. UK Law is very different from the US. For a start, try and sue someone over in the UK for serving hot coffee and get laughed at. Kier, Mike, Ashley are very well protected by civil and fair laws. IB have shot themselves in the foot. Reading their press release it seems like they are in the US and just filing another "argh, my neighbour farted and gassed me" lawsuit. It just doesn't work over here where the English Law (the basis for most laws around the world) sees common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom