1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Internal Server Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by CodyBoen, Jan 28, 2014.

1. CodyBoen

CodyBoen New Member

Hi everyone I recently set up a XenForo forum about a month ago and everything was working fine until I tried to visit my website today. I am all of the sudden getting a 500 Internal Server Error. I get this error no matter what I do. I can't see the page, access any files, or ACP.

The weirdest part is that I didn't change anything. I am the only person with access to change anything and I didn't update or edit anything. I did some Google searching on this issue and most people said to look at the error logs. I have no error logs from recent (last error was logged 1/7/14). Could I have been hacked possibly?

I just am not sure of why it would have all the sudden changed overnight.

The link to my website is www.PorscheMarketplace.net

Thanks in advanced for the help and suggestions!

What I Have Tried:
    • Removing .htaccess file
    • Checking server logs
    • Updated my XenForo files
    • Uploaded my forum to a different server (same issue)
    • Tried accessing other pages of the forum
  2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Contact you hosting company. Server might just need rebooting or they will find the problem.
    CodyBoen likes this.
  3. CodyBoen

CodyBoen New Member

Everything else that is on my website is working just fine. Its JUST my XenForo forum that isn't working.
  4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

I suggest contacting them with this issue. They will be able to determine the problem.
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There should be a message in the error logs, possibly viewable via something like cPanel. However, it's equally possible that it's not being logged in "your" files and that it's in the default error log for the server. The host would be able to see them.

An internal server error gives no information about how to debug an error, unfortunately.
  6. CodyBoen

CodyBoen New Member

Thanks for all of the help. Contacted the host and they updated the PHP version on the cPanel. All is fixed now!