XF 1.5 Internal Server Error when creating new threads

Lloyd32552

I've been having an intermittent error for several months that when I (or some registered users) create a text-based thread, the Internal Server Error occurs and processing is stopped. The posts are not overly long - perhaps 15-20 sentences and doesn't seem to be content oriented since I can type the text directly into the editor without copying/pasting and continue to get the error. However, I have been able to make the content shorter and can sometimes avoid getting that error, but there doesn't seem to be much consistency in this.

The Server Error Log shows no entries regarding this error. I have no mods or customizations. I am running a single Style from PixelExit. If I disable that Style, the problem continues.

I'm running 1.5.15. Any help in resolving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Have you (or your host) checked the web server error log for this? That's a message coming from the web server so that generally indicates a problem at a higher level than something XF can catch, potentially a PHP crash for example (or it being killed unexpectedly).

I disabled ModSecurity on the server and I'm now able to make the posts that were causing the issue before. Is this a normal solution and am I giving up functionality by disabling it?

Top Bottom