Integration of subdomain with Shopify website

MadHatter

Hi,

So basically i have an online store based on shopify and domain from godaddy. I want to make a forum using XenForo using subdomain so that the url of my forum would be forums.yoursite.com. Now I cant seem to figure out how to integrate subdomain in such a way because I dont think shopify allows you to upload files to root directory. so can’t even setup unless I use a new and different domain.

contacted both support and the host’s support but no luck.

what shall I do in order to achieve this goal? any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you
Regards

Create a "A" DNS record for the sub-domain which points to the IP address of the host where you'll have your forum at (be that Godaddy or another hosting company).
but the problem is, I don’t have a separate host as Shopify acts on its behalf. I can’t even setup XF because it won’t allow File managers and FTP?
So the only way out of this is getting a new host and domain?

Its not a problem and I gave the solution. I'll try again:

Get a hosting account, and point the sub-domain to it with a "A" record in the DNS settings of Godaddy. It does not involve Shopify at all. There's nothing that prevents you from using using DNS settings to have multiple hosts. Shopify for the main domain, and Godaddy or another company for the sub-domain. You don't need another domain.

Its not a problem and I gave the solution. I'll try again:

Get a hosting account, and point the sub-domain to it with a "A" record in the DNS settings of Godaddy. It does not involve Shopify at all. There's nothing that prevents you from using using DNS settings to have multiple hosts. Shopify for the main domain, and Godaddy or another company for the sub-domain. You don't need another domain.
Oh okay great, thank you for the prompt and thorough explanation. I’m not really a tech savvy guy. Thank you for bearing with me. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom