XF 1.4 Integrating Xenforo with Intercom.io

C3JCVSG

Does anyone have experience with integrating Xenforo with Intercom.io?
Below are the instructions that they provide.

Code:
// TODO: Paste this code before </body> on every page where your users are logged in.

<script>
  window.intercomSettings = {
    // TODO: The current logged in user's full name
    name: "<?php echo $user->name; ?>",
    // TODO: The current logged in user's email address.
    email: "<?php echo $user->email; ?>",
    // TODO: The current logged in user's sign-up date as a Unix timestamp.
    created_at: <?php echo strtotime($user->created_at); ?>,
    app_id: “XXX”
  };
</script>
<script>(function(){var w=window;var ic=w.Intercom;if(typeof ic==="function"){ic('reattach_activator');ic('update',intercomSettings);}else{var d=document;var i=function(){i.c(arguments)};i.q=[];i.c=function(args){i.q.push(args)};w.Intercom=i;function l(){var s=d.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';s.async=true;s.src='https://widget.intercom.io/widget/XXX';var x=d.getElementsByTagName('script')[0];x.parentNode.insertBefore(s,x);}if(w.attachEvent){w.attachEvent('onload',l);}else{w.addEventListener('load',l,false);}}})()</script>

I have this field as well ( name: "{$visitor.customFields.firstname} {$visitor.customFields.lastname}", )

But it doesn't seem to insert their first name in the in app message.

It just says "Hey There" no first name.

Hi @Kintaro -

I've enabled secure mode inside Intercom.io and the support team says I need to "Hash" the email address in order for it to parse through to the system.

This is the php code they gave me:

<?php $s = hash_hmac('sha256', '$visitor.email', 'secret key', true); echo bin2hex($s); ?>

I don't know how put it into the templates as I understand Xenforo's templates don't allow direct php code.

Also too, this is what I have right now in the script:

<script>
app_id: "APP ID",
name: "{$visitor.username}", // Full name
email: "{$visitor.email}", // Email address

I would really appreciate some assistance.

Thankyou

Hi @Kintaro -

I've enabled secure mode inside Intercom.io and the support team says I need to "Hash" the email address in order for it to parse through to the system.

This is the php code they gave me:

<?php $s = hash_hmac('sha256', '$visitor.email', 'secret key', true); echo bin2hex($s); ?>

I don't know how put it into the templates as I understand Xenforo's templates don't allow direct php code.

Also too, this is what I have right now in the script:

<script>
app_id: "APP ID",
name: "{$visitor.username}", // Full name
email: "{$visitor.email}", // Email address

I would really appreciate some assistance.

Thankyou
Maybe there are methods to it but I don't know them.
I think that a dev could help you, @Chris D, @Mike, @Kier we need some help here! :D

Top Bottom