Integrate Yahoo Smush It API With XenForo

Brent W

Hi,

As a user of Wordpress I have come to love some plugins that increase the performance and load times of my website. One of those I recently discovered was http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-smu****/

This tool not only takes every media image you upload into Wordpress and runs it through Yahoo Smush It but it also does images in Bulk as well.

Would love to see Xenforo support this out of the box. Would be a hell of a saver of bandwidth for many customers and decrease load times due to smaller sizes.

We all know that most of our members do not compress the images that upload.

Upvote 27
Plus what happens if smushit is down for whatever reason? Then your upload would fail and the members would get frustrated. I like the concept though.

Plus what happens if smu**** is down for whatever reason? Then your upload would fail and the members would get frustrated. I like the concept though.
You'd fallback to default behavior, just like it's done for anything else. For example, there's a check to see if jQuery is loaded, and loads it if it isn't (unless I misunderstood the code I saw)

Considering no one has posted here in the last six years... A lot of things seem to have changed. Yahoo's service does not seem to be online anymore. There is an independent service available now (https://resmush.it) that offers free support for images of up to 5MB size. No support for WebP from the looks of it but then no support for WebP in XenForo as well at the moment (along with current stable iOS and MacOS).

Smushit or something equivalent would be great.

Really just a button that says "resize image to maximum allowed image size" would dramatically increase engagement from the segment of our users who have mobile phones. After two months with XF it is dramatically better than the now defunct Nabble forum we had, but it did resize images. I didn't really understand how important that was.

Last edited: