Installing Xenforo

Ablac

Im trying to reinstall Xenforo on my Dedicated Server since were having some issues with the current installation.

When i deleted the Install Lock i got a strange message (prob explains why its buggy :P)

Missing PHP-GD
and Missing an XML reader (DOM and SimpleXML)

Im running CentOS 5.3 and when i do the Yum command to get those it says Not found missing Repo. Ive googled for the repo to get those 3 thing but i cant find a repo for them :( Does anyone know a repo i can get those? so i can do a fresh install of xenforo?

Are you able to install yum-utils? If you can install this, you can do a repoquery such as:

Code:
[z22se@nagios ~]$ repoquery -i php-gd

Name        : php-gd
Version     : 5.1.6
Release     : 34.el5_8
Architecture: x86_64
Size        : 341130
Packager    : None
Group       : Development/Languages
URL         : http://www.php.net/
Repository  : updates
Summary     : A module for PHP applications for using the gd graphics library
Description :
The php-gd package contains a dynamic shared object that will add
support for using the gd graphics library to PHP.

[root@D4970 ~]# yum install yum-utils
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Error: File contains no section headers.
file: file://///etc/yum.repos.d/utterramblings.repo, line: 1
"[utterramblings] name=Jason's Utter Ramblings Repo \n"

From my personal experiences I highly suggest to stay away from the utter ramblings repo. Everything you need should be available under the Centos release repo, the centos updates repo, the centos extra packages repo and the EPEL repo, and if you absolutely must... the atomic repo... but only if none of what you need is available elsewhere.

From my personal experiences I highly suggest to stay away from the utter ramblings repo. Everything you need should be available under the Centos release repo, the centos updates repo, the centos extra packages repo and the EPEL repo, and if you absolutely must... the atomic repo... but only if none of what you need is available elsewhere.

Im not even sure how i got that repo :/ How do i get rid of it and get those repos?

Try running rpm -qa | grep -i utterramblings, it might be installed by RPM. That should search for an rpm package with the words utterramblings in it, you might want to try to change the search word, if it find anything, try to uninstall that package. You could also try just renaming the repo file:

Code:
su -c 'mv /etc/yumrepos.d/utterramblings.repo /etc/yumrepos.d/utterramblings.repo.bak'

You may remove the su -c and ' ' if you are running this as root. Take a look at: http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/yum-remove-repo-repository-yum-disable-repo-repository/

For more details.

Thank you all for your help, me and the other admins at my forum decided that its in our best interest to take it off my dedicated server as its causing an issue with one of our other services. But now i am running into a new issue. I have got hosting for it and installed a fresh Xenforo, and made it Exactly as the current site, Addons, Ranks, Permissions Everything is exact. Ive checked every settings multiple times. My question is, If i copy the Data Base tables that say User Across will that bring all my users accounts over? Same with the Account Upgrades? Thanks again.

My question is, If i copy the Data Base tables that say User Across will that bring all my users accounts over? Same with the Account Upgrades? Thanks again.

That is not recommended, and it usually isn't that easy. If you have a backup of a XF database then you can use that backup as a whole.

Top Bottom