1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Xenforo

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Ablac, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

Im trying to reinstall Xenforo on my Dedicated Server since were having some issues with the current installation.

When i deleted the Install Lock i got a strange message (prob explains why its buggy :p)

Missing PHP-GD
    and Missing an XML reader (DOM and SimpleXML)

Im running CentOS 5.3 and when i do the Yum command to get those it says Not found missing Repo. Ive googled for the repo to get those 3 thing but i cant find a repo for them :( Does anyone know a repo i can get those? so i can do a fresh install of xenforo?

2. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Are you able to install yum-utils? If you can install this, you can do a repoquery such as:

Code:
    [z22se@nagios ~]$ repoquery -i php-gd

Name        : php-gd
    Version     : 5.1.6
    Release     : 34.el5_8
    Architecture: x86_64
    Size        : 341130
    Packager    : None
    Group       : Development/Languages
    URL         : http://www.php.net/
    Repository  : updates
    Summary     : A module for PHP applications for using the gd graphics library
    Description :
    The php-gd package contains a dynamic shared object that will add
    support for using the gd graphics library to PHP.

3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

4. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

[root@D4970 ~]# yum install yum-utils
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
    Error: File contains no section headers.
    file: file://///etc/yum.repos.d/utterramblings.repo, line: 1
    "[utterramblings] name=Jason's Utter Ramblings Repo \n"

5. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Looks like there may be issues with your repo settings, or the repo itself no longer being available.

6. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

Im a Newb with CentOS :/ Do you know how to fix that?

7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

I've never heard of this repo before.

Can you post the contents of this file: etc/yum.repos.d/utterramblings.repo into this thread?

8. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

From my personal experiences I highly suggest to stay away from the utter ramblings repo. Everything you need should be available under the Centos release repo, the centos updates repo, the centos extra packages repo and the EPEL repo, and if you absolutely must... the atomic repo... but only if none of what you need is available elsewhere.

9. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

The only extra repos I have used are rpmforge and webtatic to get the latest php version on centos5

10. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

Im not even sure how i got that repo :/ How do i get rid of it and get those repos?

11. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

what files are in your /etc/yumrepos.d/ folder?

12. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

CentOS-Base.repo
    CentOS-Debuginfo.repo
    CentOS-Media.repo
    epel-testing.repo
    epel.repo
    utterramblings.repo
    webtastic.repo

13. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Edit utterramblings.repo and change Enabled=1 to Enabled=0, it is a quick and easy way to disable that repo.

14. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

did that but its still using that repo :/

15. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

Try running rpm -qa | grep -i utterramblings, it might be installed by RPM. That should search for an rpm package with the words utterramblings in it, you might want to try to change the search word, if it find anything, try to uninstall that package. You could also try just renaming the repo file:

Code:
    su -c 'mv /etc/yumrepos.d/utterramblings.repo /etc/yumrepos.d/utterramblings.repo.bak'
    You may remove the su -c and ' ' if you are running this as root. Take a look at: http://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2010/yum-remove-repo-repository-yum-disable-repo-repository/

For more details.

16. Ablac

Ablac Active Member

Thank you all for your help, me and the other admins at my forum decided that its in our best interest to take it off my dedicated server as its causing an issue with one of our other services. But now i am running into a new issue. I have got hosting for it and installed a fresh Xenforo, and made it Exactly as the current site, Addons, Ranks, Permissions Everything is exact. Ive checked every settings multiple times. My question is, If i copy the Data Base tables that say User Across will that bring all my users accounts over? Same with the Account Upgrades? Thanks again.

17. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is not recommended, and it usually isn't that easy. If you have a backup of a XF database then you can use that backup as a whole.