1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing Arrowchat

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Big_Dog, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Big_Dog

Big_Dog Member

I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row before buying XenForo. One of those ducks is chat software. I've heard good things about Arrowchat. I only have one concern - I'd like a member to be able to sort the list of people he sees online, or only see people with certain attributes. Is that possible with arrow chat or another program you are aware of? I have no programming skills.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You will have to ask on the Arrowchat website.
  3. James Freeman

James Freeman Member

4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Arrowchat does the same as this.

You can set Arrowchat to display everyone who is online or just friends (those who you follow). Arrowchat can also be setup so that only certain usergroups can access it rather than everyone (something which I've done on my site).
    Big_Dog and James Freeman like this.
  5. Big_Dog

Big_Dog Member

Ok, how about this idea. Can I get a list of users from XF, sorted how I want, then rh click a user to chat?
  6. DeafDroid

DeafDroid Member

I tried arrowchat & cometchat and then choose cometchat. They do pretty much everything including restricting it to certain usergroups. Have that set on my site.
  7. Viks285

Viks285 Member

8. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Cometchat does not have usergroup permissions. It loads for all users and therefor adds such load to your server. It does allow you to hide the footer bar from fully loading with a conditional. All your users will be able to access chat through the webapp / cometchat directory.
    Cometchat works through port 80 instead of directly to a chat protocol.
    Cometchat is riddled with bugs.
  9. Big_Dog

Big_Dog Member

There's never a Klingon around when you need one.
  10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Big_Dog likes this.
  11. Big_Dog

Big_Dog Member

12. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

I've used CometChat. I think the user group functionality is not available by default but you can get it customized from their team. I got some customs done from them too and it worked well.
  13. Jerry23

Jerry23 Member

Hey.. I'm a platinum user of CometChat and i got installation and some customization done. It works fine on my site. You should give it a try too :)
  14. Big_Dog

Big_Dog Member

Are you saying you think they'll make the mods I mentioned for free, or just that they offer customization as a service? I seem to remember arrowchat telling me what I ask for is possible, but they won't be able to help me with it.
  15. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

I purchased CometChat Premium Edition and they performed this modification for free. I guess they will, if you ask nicely.
  16. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

@Dynamo, would love to see CometChat in a live environment, can you post the link to your site?
  17. Big_Dog

Big_Dog Member

Thanks Dynamo! I have requested a quote from them. Hopefully they will be able to do it.
  18. Dynamo

Dynamo Member

Using it for a corporate employees site; sorry won't be able to post link.