XF 1.4 Installing a test copy of Xenforo

HeadHodge

Do you see any problem having two installs on the same server?

One is installed at /www/html/forum

The test one is installed at /www/html/sandbox/forum

I did it by copying the forum directory to the sandbox/forum directory

Then I copied the database from the 'forums' database to a new database named 'sandbox'

Then changed the config file in sandbox/forum/library to point to the new database

It more or less works, but while testing I turned off the board in the sandbox, but it turned off the board in the main forum instead.

I don't understand why it would do that, so I'm looking for some advice

YEAH That did the trick!!

It not closes the right board, and I'm able to view the inbox and alerts now. Thank you

Can that little trick be used to change the default file permissions?? Right now it's 644 and I would like it to be 664

Thanks

I don't understand what it is you're asking.
When a new file is created I believe the system assigns a default permission for the file. On mine system it appears to be 644. I can't find it again but I believe I've read somewhere here that you can change what the default is in the config file (at least I'm pretty sure)

YEAH That did the trick!!

It not closes the right board, and I'm able to view the inbox and alerts now. Thank you

Can that little trick be used to change the default file permissions?? Right now it's 644 and I would like it to be 664

Thanks
Forgot to say (for others out there). What worked was changing the cookie prefix and the memcache prefix

I don't understand what it is you're asking.
Oh found it,
  • $config['chmodWritableValue'] - default: 0
    If this value is non-zero, all files created by XenForo will be automatically chmodded to this value. Directories will be chmodded to this value as well, though they will also always be user-, group-, and world-executable as well. In most situations, XenForo will determine the correct chmod value automatically.
But don't understand what it actually does

That only applies to files and directories created by XF, not files you upload via FTP.

If XF is creating files with 644 perms then that is due to the server configuration - likely due to PHP running as 'your' user.

That only applies to files and directories created by XF, not files you upload via FTP.

If XF is creating files with 644 perms then that is due to the server configuration - likely due to PHP running as 'your' user.
Thanks

I do this in one of my models:

//*****************
//** Create Node **
//*****************
public function createNode($task, &$shared){
if(!isset($task->node)) throw new Exception('createNode Error: Node Name Missing.');

$path = $shared['session']['currentPath'].'/'.$task->node;

if(strpos($task->node , '.') > 0)
touch($path);
else
mkdir($path);

return $this->getNodeList($shared);
}

Does chmod in the config file have any effect on creating a file this way?

The reason I ask is that our system admin said I could set the default create file permissions by hacking the index.php file and adding a umask command to temporarily set it. But it's not a big deal, just curious.

The BIG thing is working now. So I'm a happy camper.

Hi,

Everything is running smooth so far!! I would like to experiment with the cache settings now in my sandbox.
It's currently enabled using the Zend cache with a Redis backend. It was set up that way by someone else, so I don't know why they chose Redis instead of memcache.

My basic question, I'm not touching the cache settings in the production forum, but want to turn it off altogether in the sandbox system. When I do how can I tell that the cache is still working in the production system and the cache is in fact not running in the sandbox?

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom