XF 2.0 Installation reverted to earlier email and password - need a back door?

tomwood

Hello,

I had Xenforo installed under a domain where I'd subsequently changed the associated email and login password for the Admin panel from the initial setup. Then months later I decided I didn't want to use that domain name any more. I had my domain host (GoDaddy) change the nameservers for the new domain to point to my webhost (A2 Hosting) who had the Xenforo installation under the domain I was abandoning, and told A2 what I wanted done. That all worked, except the Xenforo Admin login reverted to the original setup login email and password. I'd like to change the email name and password, but I don't want to get locked out. Is there a procedure I can use to be sure I can get back in to the Admin panel?

Thanks!

I searched for the email that I had changed from the original, and Xenforo said there were no matches. Even though it was using that email for me before the domain switch. So I took a chance and changed it to be the email that is associated to my User name. It works, so I'm good. One other oddity is that before this latest change, the login screen was showing my old email address as the User name. Now it shows my User name. Weirdness.

Top Bottom