XF 1.0 Installation just won't work.

JABRONI

I made a sub directory on my site and uploaded all the files to the sub directory (forums). I go to the install url & I get an error. I've already tried to take off and put the files back in the sub directory multiple times; have even made new sub directories and tried it, nothing.

Here is the error that I get when I go to the install url...

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@forums.virtually-gifted.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I even tried to re-install my old forum software to see if it was maybe Hostgator messing up but I installed it just fine.

Help?

screenshot20111013at647.png

[04-Sep-2011 01:51:04] PHP Warning: include_once(./global.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blainer/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16
[04-Sep-2011 01:51:04] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './global.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/blainer/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16
[04-Sep-2011 01:51:11] PHP Warning: include_once(./global.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blainer/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16
[04-Sep-2011 01:51:11] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './global.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/blainer/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16
[04-Sep-2011 01:51:14] PHP Warning: include_once(./global.php) [<a href='function.include-once'>function.include-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blainer/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16
[04-Sep-2011 01:51:14] PHP Warning: include_once() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening './global.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/blainer/public_html/home/wp-content/plugins/vbbridge/vbloader.php on line 16

Nothing comes up on my errorlog for Xenforo, just my old forum software.

It looks as though you have Wordpress at the root, with a redirect in .htaccess to /forum

Have you tried putting a .htaccess in your new subdirectory with the following:

RewriteEngine Off

You have a heavily modded vb install. If it was me and I wanted to get this installed along side my current vb forums, Id first uninstall or completely disable the vBSEO and revert the .htaccess file back to pre-vBSEO without any sort of rewrites or forwarding. Then I think I'd install it in a subdirectory, like 'community' or 'forums' instead of a subdomain. But you could do it either way I suppose.

So are you wanting to keep your WP install and use that as your front page?

You'll get it. Just have patience :)

We are completely ditching the front page WP after I install Xenforo. I was hoping to get this installed quickly but meh.

I'll just update the old URL's on Xenforo by hand after the conversion but like I said, I need to get past this first. Does Xenforo have like a Live Support?

We are completely ditching the front page WP after I install Xenforo. I was hoping to get this installed quickly but meh.

I'll just update the old URL's on Xenforo by hand after the conversion but like I said, I need to get past this first. Does Xenforo have like a Live Support?

Yep - You're in it. :p

What you really need are installation services.

Here's how I would approach it...

Get your vB working without vBSEO and without any oddities in your root directory (.htaccess file)
Leave your vB in /forum like you have it now.
Prepare a dump of the vb SQL
Install Xenforo in a subdirectory like /forums
Do the xenforo import of your old SQL DB
Get Xenforo all working like you want it
Then when you are ready to make the switch, rename your vb directory to /oldforum and rename your Xenforo directory to /forum.
And don't forget to update the 'Board URL' in Xenforo admincp

Now, if you don't plan on having WP or anything at the root, maybe you should consider installing your forums at the root.

There's hundreds of ways to go about this. To me, this seems the easiest/safest in your case.

Good Luck!

Well, I just backed up my vBulletin, dumped my vB SQL database, & removed vBSEO and all .htaccess files.

I made a new subdirectory called forums, uploaded all the files & went to the install page...

Same error as in the OP.

This is just a hassle really.

An ISE error is not specific. It can be many things. Bad .htaccess is one possibility. Another possible cause is bad file / folder permissions on the server.

Ideally the server logs will contain a more detailed error message.

That is really weird. The 1.0.4 version of Xenforo wouldn't get past the ISE error but I just tried the 1.1.0 Beta and it worked just fine.

I still want to use 1.0.4 right now but I guess I can settle with 1.1.0.

Top Bottom