Well after over 6 months of testing and messing around I am finally installing XF later this month.
To try and keep downtime to a minimum I am planning on doing in the following way:
- Installation on testsite, including addons, theme, settings etc. During this installation, all options will be set to the testsite.
- Once everything has been installed (that I've checked can be done without the imported info from my existing) site, I will then edit the settings to reflect what it will be when they transfer over to live.
- For implementation I will backup the old directory and database locally on the VPS (as well as externally) for quick rollback if necessary before removing.
- My my plan is to then copy across the files and database from the testsite to the live site, and update any settings as necessary.
- Finally, carry out an import from the local backup files / database
Is there anything else?