1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Installation from testsite files

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Disciple of Nagash, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash Active Member

Hi,

Well after over 6 months of testing and messing around I am finally installing XF later this month.

To try and keep downtime to a minimum I am planning on doing in the following way:

• Installation on testsite, including addons, theme, settings etc. During this installation, all options will be set to the testsite.
    • Once everything has been installed (that I've checked can be done without the imported info from my existing) site, I will then edit the settings to reflect what it will be when they transfer over to live.
    • For implementation I will backup the old directory and database locally on the VPS (as well as externally) for quick rollback if necessary before removing.
    • My my plan is to then copy across the files and database from the testsite to the live site, and update any settings as necessary.
    • Finally, carry out an import from the local backup files / database
    My question is, does this all sounds feasible, and are what settings will I need to be aware of to change? As far as I can see, it is the general settings, email, and the database settings in config.php?

Is there anything else?

Many thanks

DoN

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash Active Member

Excellent, thank you very much