XF 1.2 Install fails on step 2: xf_email_template_modification_log already exists

caliman

This is weird.
I wanted to do a fresh install. I dropped the database and recreated it in mysql.
(I verified tables did not exist)
Load the install, configure and begin install.
It fails on step 2:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Table 'xf_email_template_modification_log' already exists

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 317
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 182
XenForo_Install_Model_Install->createApplicationTables() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 206
XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /xen/community/install/index.php at line 18

I thought this was weird. I looked at the database and sure enough, there were 54 tables in there.
I dropped the database, created it again, then tried the install again... same error. This time there were 38 tables in there.

Code:
mysql> DROP DATABASE xen;
Query OK, 38 rows affected (2.52 sec)

mysql> CREATE DATABASE xen;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> use xen;
Database changed
mysql> SHOW TABLES;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

I searched on this board and did not see the same error. I am confused. I thought this part would be easy. :)

Thanks in advance for any help here.

caliman

Um ok.. so after 'Created tables' - I hit the 'continue' button - apparently this was my mistake?
Why is that continue button there?

By not hitting it, the script works as it should and completes the install.

That is bad UI to have a button that appears to be there to get to the next step, but by hitting it, you interrupt the script and cause it to crash.
My 2 cents.

Top Bottom