1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Install Elastic Search on CentOS issue?

Discussion in 'Enhanced Search Support' started by OakleyForum, Apr 20, 2015.

1. OakleyForum

OakleyForum Active Member

I previously had Elastic search running perfectly however after a kernel panic on my hosts' node, the support has been unable to get Elastic Search installed/enabled again. I have pasted their responses below - if anyone can help me point them in the right direction for getting this running - that would be amazing!

2. OakleyForum

Anyone able to assist on this? Trying to get it back up asap!
  3. Xon

Xon Well-Known Member

Make sure you ensure the file ownerships of /var/lib/elasticsearch to be owned by the user for elasticsearch and not root.

ie, assuming elasticsearch is the right user:
    sudo chown -R elasticsearch:elasticsearch /var/lib/elasticsearch
  4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Xon likes this.
  5. OakleyForum

Appears to be this issue. What are the possible solutions, since we are on a VPS and kernel cannot be changed?
  6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

At the minute, nothing. There is no fix available. If it was working before, then your host must have updated the kernel during the reload to bring the new one in.
  7. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Soon :)
    MattW likes this.
  8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Then you need to wait for the host to decide if they are going to roll out that kernel to their nodes. One of my customers is using GoDaddy (I know, I know!), and they don't apply EVERY new kernel update and review and test, so could be a while off yet.
  9. OakleyForum

Yeah ended up hosting elastic search elsewhere - up and running 100%.
    MattW likes this.