Fixed Inline moderation doesn't appear at times

Deebs

but whenever I get this in my js console:
uncaught exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: [href=/forums/staff.60/#navigation]

FB.provide('JSON',{stringify:function(...]=FB.JSON.stringify(d);}return a;}});
then the inline moderation menu doesn't display, instead just a line appears when checking a thread(s) to moderate.

That seems to be triggered by Facebook. Unlikely we can do much.

That inline mod issue is likely down to some out of date templates. :)

Nope, no outdated templates.

The moment I get that error the inline stuff doesn't pop up. Using the stock XF style with no modifications.

Nothing. Sometimes it will work fine and the moment I click a thread to moderate the inline box appears, other times I get a line (will take a screenie in a mo) and if I check the console I have that error in it.

issue1.webp

The blue line just below title is the inline moderation box.

Edit: Added screenshot.

To be fair it has only started happening today so I am wondering if FB made any changes to break javascript somewhere?

Testing with FF 8. This is really weird. Just killed my browser and now it is working. Let me do some more testing as I also remember turning on minify js last night.

I have a small issue with Opera 11.52 on Windows 7/Mac OSX and XenForo 1.1 Beta 5.

It can happen that some JavaScript things won't load properly.

For example: Notices or Inline-Edit Popups.

To reproduce, you have to clear your browser cache.

Create a global notice, or even use the closed forum notice.

Example (everything looking good so far...)

OperaProblem1.webp

When you go into a thread, forum, page etc., it can happen that the notice will not be displayed and the Inline-Edit Popups won't load.

Example:

OperaProblem2.webp

It will work if you perform a manual refresh / press F5.

I can reproduce the issue here on xenforo.com too.

It's working on all other browsers except Opera. I even tested the 12.0 alpha version but the problem persists.

It is the same, though with different browsers, so I've merged them.

Are there any errors logged in Opera like here?

Opera does not show any errors :(

There the error on xenforo.com

Opera3.webp

...after hard refresh:

Opera4.webp

The problem is, that it does not always happen :( For example: Now it's working on the thread overview but it "appears" when I go into the "Before Posting..." Thread. It's strange :/ On my local webserver everything is fine, but it's not when I test it on our webpage.

*edit*

My way to reproduce this here on xenforo.com:

Empty browser cache, close Opera, start Opera, go to: "http://xenforo.com/community/", click "Open Bug Reports", click on "Before Reporting..." and there will be no notice.

Just downloaded Opera 11.52 portable to reproduce it and I can confirm that I didn't see the "Welcome to XenForo.com!" notice at first here on xenforo.com (when not logged in). After refreshing the page it appeared in the thread and post view. I then deleted the cache, restarted Opera and the notice appeared in the thread view (Open Bug Reports), but not in the post view (Before Reporting...).

Seems like a browser bug to me, because I can't reproduce this behavior with FF8.

First, I can't reproduce the issue with Opera. It does sound like a browser bug.

I can't reproduce the inline mod issue either, but there is at least a little more scope to try to fix it (can make sure it's shown later). So I think I have this fixed. If it's not, then I really don't think I can do anything about it.

Testing with FF 8. This is really weird. Just killed my browser and now it is working. Let me do some more testing as I also remember turning on minify js last night.

FireFox 8 should still be in Alpha bloody version. I've had nothing but issues with that browser and it even froze my computer up the other day forcing me to power down at the mains. So converted back by down to FF 3 after that nasty issue with it, runs like a dream in comparison.

FireFox 8 should still be in Alpha bloody version. I've had nothing but issues with that browser and it even froze my computer up the other day forcing me to power down at the mains...
Sorry, but this is nonsense. FF8 runs her at dozens PC's and Mac's in a highly professional environment.
You have to update all FF-AddOn's only. That's alls ;)

FireFox 8 should still be in Alpha bloody version. I've had nothing but issues with that browser and it even froze my computer up the other day forcing me to power down at the mains. So converted back by down to FF 3 after that nasty issue with it, runs like a dream in comparison.
Sorry I disagree, just because it fails for you does not mean it is not suitable for millions of other users around the planet. FF makes use of extra components in your setup, it could be a video display driver (seeing as it can use the GPU for certain tasks).

Top Bottom