Injecting a modified autoloader

Robbo

I have been using a custom autoloader for certain tasks a hacky way and only just noticed the setInstance method which I should have been using all along. But then I don't know how...

getInstance is final and uses new self(); This means whenever calling it it is always giving an instance of XenForo_Autoloader due to supporting PHP 5.2 (could be resolved with 5.3 by simply doing new static();). So then I thought okay I'll just make my instance the old fashioned way, but again no because the constructor is protected (as it should be I guess). So the setInstance method simply doesn't work because you can't create a new instance. Unless I am missing something? I can hack it and do a getNewInstance() and then inject that but that shouldn't be needed?

I am assuming the getInstance isn't meant to be final and the $_instance isn't meant to be private? That would solve this as you could simply re-declare getInstance.

Anyways, here is my autoloader incase someone needs something similar. Simply adds autoloading for namespaces.

Code:
<?php

class Watermark_Autoloader extends XenForo_Autoloader
{
	protected static $_setupExtension = false;

protected function _setupAutoloader()
	{
		spl_autoload_register(array($this, 'autoload'));
	}

public function autoloaderClassToFile($class)
	{
		if (file_exists($filePath = parent::autoloaderClassToFile($class)))
			return $filePath;

if (preg_match('#[^a-zA-Z0-9_\\\]#', $class))
		{
			return false;
		}

return $this->_rootDir . '/' . str_replace('\\', '/', $class) . '.php';
	}

public static function setupAutoloaderExtension()
	{
		if (!self::$_setupExtension)
		{
			$instance = new self();
			self::setInstance($instance);
			$instance->setupAutoloader(XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getRootDir() . '/library');
		}
	}
}

Top Bottom