Individual post titles

Paul B

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I expect this suggestion will be met with a general thumbs down, but I think it might be nice to have individual post titles.

I'm not sure if this is implemented on other forum software, but it is on phpBB.

So for example, the main thread title could be "F1 2010 Standings & Results" but then subsequent posts could be entitled "F1 2010 Standings & Results - Points" and "F1 2010 Standings & Results - Qualifying & Grid".

I understand why that hasn't been implemented here but I will miss it as it is used quite heavily on my site.

See this thread for what I mean: F1 2010 Standings & Results

With the title underneath the header on the software and on the window of your browser, it seems a bit redundant to have it again on every post. Most people don't ever really bother adding a different title to their post; I see it as needless clutter on the content you're supposed to focus on: The posts themselves.

Why not just do this if you need a post to have a title?

I really don't see any real benefit to this when it's just as simple and effective to add bolded and slightly larger text right to the top of your post to act as a title.
It's useful when searching for post titles, rather than as post body text.

In my experience, it's very rarely used and just adds an extra field to the interface. Searching for it in titles can be misleading too, depending how results are displayed (by thread, rather than by post at least).

Yes, as I said I can see why you haven't implemented it here.

I guess I can live with losing it when I convert as the positives greatly outweigh the negatives ;)

Top Bottom