XF 1.5 Indicating that it is a user's birthday

TechGuy

I suspect I'm going to need an add-on for this and if so perhaps someone can suggest one that may already exist.

What I'd like to do is put a banner under usernames when it is that user's birthday. I'm currently doing this by using the User Group Promotion with the "Today is user's birthday" criteria. However, it has come to my attention that by doing so we are ignoring users who, for privacy reason, uncheck the option to "Show day and month of birth."

So, I'm wondering if there is a way to set a criteria for showing a user banner only when it's a user's birthday and they haven't selected to hide their birth date.

I know you are after a user banner but I thought I'd mention an alternative solution. It does involve a paid add-on though.

Xen Notices by Chris D allows you to display a floating notice when it's someone's birthday and it respects user settings on hiding date and year (so won't show for those who have hidden this completely). It also has various additional features which are very useful, all with the benefit of being written by a very respected XenForo developer.

I use the birthday notice and have edited the phrase to suggest that members can post birthday wishes on the profile of the person whose birthday it is.

Top Bottom