XF 1.5 Index Page Taking Me To Upgrade Page

Inkman

I have just installed my XenForo software and installed my paid style etc and now i am setting up the forum nicely.
I have just gone to my phone and put my website it www.paranights.com and its taking me to and upgrades page, but obviously i have only just installed and i have the up to date version installed but i cannot get away from this page :(

Can anyone help please?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Did you remove the install_lock file after installing?

Check that it is at internal_data/install-lock.php.

Edit: Although that would probably prompt for a new install if it was missing.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
No, it should remain in place.

The system thinks that the files on the server are at a different version to what is installed but I can see 1.5.11 is running.

Try rebuilding the master data/completing the upgrade.

Inkman

Ive just deleted the whole lot and started again lol. Its working now.
I am not sure about server caching...

Inkman

Its doing it yet again...
It seems to be when i turn the forum off and try to visit as a guest its taking me to the upgrade screen.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I can't reproduce that behaviour.

I have tested several installations by closing the site and then visiting as a guest and it just displays the normal unavailable message.

It's possible an add-on could be involved.

Inkman

I don't have any add-ons installed apart from Last Posts Avatars that came with my style Octane theme.
I get the strange behavior when viewing the site on my mobile and my wifes mobile and on Explorer on the laptop.

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It's looking to me like a response has been cached as adding a query string parameter prevents the redirect from happening.

I have responded to your ticket.