Not planned Independent, Transformable, Invisible Links

Awakening

I have made this suggestion on Se7ensins.com—a website that uses your forum technology. It did not pass because there is simply not enough man power to get it done with everything they've got working on with new features at the moment. I was hoping that maybe a developer on here, for XenForo, would be interested in creating what I have to suggest. Below, you will find the suggestion I'd made on Se7ensins.com, word-for-word.

o9Y935Q.png

(skip to the preview at the bottom if you're lazy and want to get a basic idea of what I am suggesting without having to read what I have written)

The way links have been being created using BB code has worked sufficiently for a long time. It is time this feature has been given a wow factor instead of being simply satisfactory.

o9Y935Q.png

This suggestion is for those that like to use mostly images (or even just one large image) when creating threads. Doing this allows the creator of the thread the ability to have their post look any way they can possibly imagine up and create in Photoshop. This style is extremely popular in recovery threads.

I feel like an example will provide for a much better understanding of my suggestion, so that is what I will do instead of writing about it.

o9Y935Q.png

Please note that the functionality of this suggestion will not be limited to only those who create recovery service threads. I am just using those type of threads as an example.

I made this image very quickly. Don't judge the suggestion based on this image. This image is only here to better help you understand this suggestion's implementation.

3AMsP6M.png

There are a good many recovery threads set up moderately similar to this in exclusion to having spaces for links within the image because as of now, adding several links to a single image is impossible. Well, at least it is impossible vertically, as 7s creates a space between images going vertically, but not horizontally.

That is why the system needs an upgrade. It will make things much smoother for those who like to get fancy and even for those who just like to spice things up from time to time.

This is what I suggest:

erezgQ7.gif
The red box would only be visible when editing. After submitting or previewing the post, this box will turn invisible and act as a link when hovered over.

Clicking on an image behind the box should also not be a problem. This is designed so that the box will always be smaller than the image behind it, therefore the image behind the box will always be able to be clicked on and so will the overlying box. If this statement returns false, the user is using the feature wrong and should have just used the linking feature that is already implimented.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was hoping that maybe a developer on here, for XenForo, would be interested in creating what I have to suggest.
This forum is for suggestions for the core, not custom add-on requests.

However, you need to be a license holder to post in the add-on request forum.

I'm going to move this to off topic as you don't have permission to post in any of the other forums, however, I doubt any developer would be interested in developing for someone who doesn't own a license.

This forum is for suggestions for the core, not custom add-on requests.

However, you need to be a license holder to post in the add-on request forum.

I'm going to move this to off topic as you don't have permission to post in any of the other forums, however, I doubt any developer would be interested in developing for someone who doesn't own a license.

Well, it's worth a try.

EDIT:

Why did you move my thread to off-topic discussion? It's a suggestion >.>

@Brogan, please move it back where it was?

Top Bottom