XF 1.4 Increasing spam on my little board

Pavle123

I never had issues with XF and spam on my board.
Lately (last 2 weeks) I noticed spammers started to post acne threatment and other spammy crap posts.

Why do I see these spammers all of a sudden?

My forum http://goo.gl/uHq06u

I am using the Google I am not a robot. Is there a better option and how to stop spammers?

Thanks.

You will just need to set up all the spam options accordingly, based on your site and the type of spammers.

A good Q&A, which is changed regularly will stop robots.

Nothing will stop determined human spammers.

Thanks for the reply guys.

Damn, I really believed this "new inoperative technology" that google announced will work. Well for me its crap.

I believe these are real human spammers, but not quite sure how to see that?

Ouch.
Even with decent Q and A, I still receive spam registrations.

My board has 100 members only. Why is it interesting to them? I mean obviously those are human registrations, as my Q and A is specific and only people who are familiar with hobby will know the answer.

Is there any additional way, like require a new user first post to be manually approved?

Just set up all these services, get a Akismet, Project Honypot and Stopforumspam API key and you spam protection will be near perfect.

Of course you can't stop human spammers with this. But they go in moderation until I approve them.

Thanks @Fred.

If you guys have some other tips on preventing spam, please let me know. Just few weeks ago I never had a spam registration. But now, even though my forum is small, I get 5-6 per day. Very annoying.

Thanks Fred! I am using Akismet on WP, but I do not understand where to put API in the XenForo?
Is it like separate resource or its something inside default settings/registration settings?

Top Bottom