XF 1.5 Increasing Default Zoom

KenBrace

The default XenForo look is too thin and wide for me. I'd rather everything be larger and more squished in.

So to accomplish this I tried adding the following code to "EXTRA.css"...

Code:
html {
zoom: 115%;
}

That did the job perfectly. Well, that's what it seemed like at first anyway. The problem is that now blimps, popups, drop down boxes, etc. are miss-aligned. The farther down a page you scroll, the more offset these items become.

How can I increase the default zoom without messing up the alignment?

Thanks in advance!

Is there no way to increase all of this globally?

This should be done in the browser. Use the Zoom function in your browser, this way every user on your forum can decide if they want to have the text and images larger or not. By the way Firefox does a very good job of Zooming, if you're not using Firefox be sure to compare it with other browsers in regards to the Zoom function.

This should be done in the browser. Use the Zoom function in your browser, this way every user on your forum can decide if they want to have the text and images larger or not. By the way Firefox does a very good job of Zooming, if you're not using Firefox be sure to compare it with other browsers in regards to the Zoom function.

Thanks! The only problem is that I want the site to be larger by default. It shouldn't require the user to increase the zoom in their browser.

I think you would find members will complain if you did this, at least that was my experience.

I guess I can see that being the case if they were already used the default look. My forum is fairly new though and most of the people coming in will be new members who won't know the difference.

I'd really like to have the interface zoomed in if that's possible. It looks like that might not be an option but I had to check with the experts just in case.

I guess I can see that being the case if they were already used the default look. My forum is fairly new though and most of the people coming in will be new members who won't know the difference.

In my experience it's not about being used to a particular forum, but has to do with all sites and the "normal text size". You have to take into account the many types of displays and how good the eye site is of the viewer is.

In my experience it's not about being used to a particular forum, but has to do with all sites and the "normal text size". You have to take into account the many types of displays and how good the eye site is of the viewer is.

I think XenForo looks best at a zoom of around 110%. Everything about it looks better. The thickness of the nav bars, menus, text, avatars, etc. I've done this before in forums I've run and no one complained. The only problem was the misplacement of JS elements.

Top Bottom